new seat and local slicks in j-yard

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

norville

new seat and local slicks in j-yard

Post by norville »

Folks, I finally got a newer seat for my 65 slick my butt was tired of hitting the floor. And riding like Cheech was getting old. cost $40

I got a bench from an 85 pretty solid right color, cloth and only a few holes.

While I was there I did find one uni and handfull of 65/66's and few more pre 65's. Tons of dents and bumps. 2- 58's and a 60 plus a few other I missed. A long bed flareside, most are in poor shape most likely there before I was born :). If you were looking fore something let me know while it's fresh in my mind.

Most of the vehicles ther would make you cry to see them lots of dodge trucks a handfull of pre65 chebby's trucks and piles of pre 72 trucks. And dozen or so tbirds and old ford station wagons. A 65 GMC camper thing looks like it drove in there.

Theres a 48 dodge d100 solid metal but stripped to mothing for $1000 and a 70? lincoln I just might get if I can find some cash.

bob
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

Bob, Want to share where this is? I love lazy days strolling through junkyards. :)
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
jwh f-100
United States of America

Post by jwh f-100 »

:iagree:
I wouldn't mind taking a ride down sometime and see what treasures could be found.
Ford4jack

Post by Ford4jack »

I like to cruse old yards also. They seem to be getting few and far between.

Came across an old boneyard in Gibson TN a few months ago. The last time I went there looking for a couple of copper plug wires for a tractor I met the owner.
He took me back to the old part of the yard. He was in a good mood and gave me the tour down memory lane.
He had started the yard in 46 and had a lot of old iron in there. He had about 20 slicks of various sizes. Lots of old round body cars & trucks of misc makes. Quite a bit of stuff from the 60s & 70s there also.
He even had a couple of Kaisers.

Cool place.
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

? in Mountiantop?

Harrys has a slick now and then.

Where be this treasure trove.

Garbz

Former Hazletonoian......now a phonecian.
jwh f-100
United States of America

Post by jwh f-100 »

Maybe Denaples?
:hm:
I've already started a list :)
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Bob, did the Uni have a tailgate?
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Louie crushed everything when the price of steel went up...

Like he needed the money..

Bob, did the Uni have a tailgate? :laughing: In PA? You have to be kidding.....

Garbz
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Lol Garbz, it's worth a try. I would just hammer out patches for mine but it's the bow in the middle of it that is kind of an issue. It's a good inch higher in the center if you lay it inside down on the driveway, lol.

1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

Cam L Milan,
norville

Post by norville »

yes the uni did have a tail gate. I did not inspect it any further.

hmmm, I'm not sure about letting my little local yard out on the net.

But for you guy's It's Englers junk yard in wapwallenpen or dorrance any way it's within walking distance from the house. Keep you pei holes shut!.!!!!

He does know every vehicle there really. I described it as the blue for down in in the hollow next to the 72 dodge w200. and he knew the exact vehicle.

He's actually a very nice guy, loves old vehicles and pulls lot's of them from backyards and hedge-rows.

If you folks aren't in a hurry I can make a list and check the next time I'm there. I don't go often It pains me to much to see so many decent and rotted vehicles there.

Up till last year he used to have a car show and yard tour fo r the local church, but his stupid insurance co b\put a stop to it.

bob
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Bob, could you take a look at the tailgate next time you go there, pleeeease, lol. I have one guy I can check with locally but if it's decent or at least repairable someone here will want it.
Last edited by Greg D on July 4, 2007, 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

Cam L Milan,
norville

Post by norville »

Greg sure will, I honestly didn't even notice it was uni till the 3rd time I looked at it.

I must say I had blinders on looking for 65/66 trucks I also got some headliner corner pieces. no trim and most of the interiors were trashed...

I know the uni inside and outside tailgate was solid not sure about the bottom. I think there ws another one ther or it was a fridge box.

I'll bring the camera next time also.

I saw a decent pre60 big window cab there on a box truck.

bob
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

In Wop..... I heard of Englers but never made it over there.. My bad, wont get there now seeing as i moved to the west coast. Going to head up to a yard in Payson next weekend has all older stuff.

I used to enjoy a cold six sitting at the powder hole....

A place you guys need to check out is over on 209 in Tower City as you hit the bottom of the hill. seen lots of slicks there but never had the time to stop.

Garbz

PS 116 here today...DAMN its HOT!
YukonCor55

Post by YukonCor55 »

The yard on 209 is good and there's an even better one on 895 outside of New Ringgold. I'm a former Pottsville, PA resident. Back in the day you could pretty much throw a stone from one wrecking yard to the next! But enough of my nostalgia...I'm now stuck in Jersey for all eternity!
SMSgt USAF Retired
1962 Ford F-250 4 X 4, 1955 Ford Fairlane, 1955 Ford Ranch Wagon, 2002 Indian Chief & a couple of old Fender guitars...Life's Good!
"The credit belongs to the man in the arena whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...his place shall never be with those cold, timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Zaprasny's
Now A to Z u pull it.

In the early eighties i pulled many a Mopar part there.

There was another one outside of Cressona up over the hump off of 61 called Derwecthers. That used to be the best place for slicks. havent been there in at least fifteen years.

Garbz
YukonCor55

Post by YukonCor55 »

Small world my friend...I used to go to Derwechters all the time with my Dad. That's how he kept his work truck running. We didn't have a lot of money for new parts back then. He'd pull parts and I'd go goof off in the old wrecks...It was like Disneyland! My first car was a Frankenstien '62 Falcon and most of the parts came from that yard! Right before I joined the Service, a friend from Schuylkill Haven and I spent $50 for an old Impala hulk from Derwechters, built a "street stock" car and ran the 100 lap enduro event at Big Diamond Raceway in Minersville! Man I miss Coal Country!
SMSgt USAF Retired
1962 Ford F-250 4 X 4, 1955 Ford Fairlane, 1955 Ford Ranch Wagon, 2002 Indian Chief & a couple of old Fender guitars...Life's Good!
"The credit belongs to the man in the arena whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...his place shall never be with those cold, timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

I am from the other end of the county,..LOL

Tamanend near Quakake.....Haven now theres a town i used to get in trouble in just driving through with my AAR Cuda...PD gave me a ticket every time. My Dad used to take us to the Big D all the time and over to Mahoning Speedway on 443. My first uni had doors and a tail gate from that yard scrounged them out of there in 79. I Dated 2 girls from New Ringgold and used to cruze around haven and BMHS in a Holly Green short bed uni and my AAR, or igncogneito in my 64 chevelle more door.

Nice to see another Cracker on here...Just cant get Lager here tho... :(

Garbz
YukonCor55

Post by YukonCor55 »

Garbz...how the heck did the Haven Cops catch you in your 'Cuda?? They were all driving AMC Matadors back then!!! :wink:
SMSgt USAF Retired