Happy 4th of July

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Uncle Skip
United States of America

Happy 4th of July

Post by Uncle Skip »

The ribs are done, the cole slaw is on the table, the potato salad looks good and the Blue Bell vanilla bean is in the freezer, and I've already eaten half a watermelon.
I hope you all are as lucky an I am at this time.
So, I'd just like to take this moment to thank the men and women of America's armed forces, past and present, who make these days of celebration of the freedoms we all enjoy possible.
Thanks Dane, thanks to all of you vets and "real" Americans that do what you do for this country.
God Bless America.
Uncle Skip
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
donald luster

Post by donald luster »

THANKS all veterians appreciate kink words I last served in Desert Storm and was happy to serve my beloved country. I know we as a country are not perfect but we are the dad blamed best country in the whole world. DON
65ford1

july 4

Post by 65ford1 »

A great fourth to all ,vets or not we are all still americans and damn proud of it. Gene , survivor of viet nam.
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Gene.
I used to have this tee shirt and it said "Participant, Southeast Asian War Games, second place." I never got over that. In fact, I'm still pissed...... I sent it to several Texas Democrats that sold us down the river and what do you think; No response........ duh.
The American Military has NEVER lost a war, or lost a battle in Viet Nam, but our "elected" officals have surrendered more times than I can stomach.
God bless you for your service to our country and to all our military out there getting their asses shot off.
U@ss
1968 to 19670 ---- Hue, Phu Bai, Ahn Ke, An Son, Quih Nhon, and all points north.
Ya'll come back now, ya heah?
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
YukonCor55

Post by YukonCor55 »

The world seems like it gets a little more dangerous every day. Yet we're all still lucky enough to sleep soundly every night because somewhere out there somebody is sacrificing for us. I knew when I retired that I left the USAF in good hands. Our young Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Coast Guardsmen are out there every day getting it done. God Bless every one of 'em.
SMSgt USAF Retired
1962 Ford F-250 4 X 4, 1955 Ford Fairlane, 1955 Ford Ranch Wagon, 2002 Indian Chief & a couple of old Fender guitars...Life's Good!
"The credit belongs to the man in the arena whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...his place shall never be with those cold, timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)
unibodyboy

Post by unibodyboy »

Thanks Skip.... This 4th has been my favorite every, because I now get to enjoy my own personal freedom knowing I earned it!!
Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15.13
Z-MAN

Post by Z-MAN »

Happy 4th Skip

Chris