Texas Car Wars TV show

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Obsa
United States of America

Texas Car Wars TV show

Post by Obsa »

Last night one of the shops bought a 63 Uni for 2000 at a junkyard auction. Put a slick Red and White paint job and as the old joke goes "then a miracle occurred" (unshown work was done). The end result was they sold the truck for 11,000. The show seems to be just a rehash of the Auction Hunters/Storage wars/Shipping wars formula. But the Uni did look "Slick"!
As my dad used to say, somewhere there was a horse that died a painful death from terminal constipation due to missing a key part of its anatomy.
rickairmedic

Re: Texas Car Wars TV show

Post by rickairmedic »

Yep it also reminds me of that show done in a junkyard where they " restored " cars to sell for profit . The Uni Restoration looked to be mostly cosmetic and honestly if you looked close had alot left to do ( no headliner etc. ) . The part that also made me wonder was the truck had a tailgate at the beginning of the show and no tailgate at the end of the show . I will admit I was envious of that rust free Uni but wish they had done more to it than just make it shiny and run off with the money .

Rick
if it aint broke fix it till it is :D
Total Gearhead

Post by Total Gearhead »

2 G's for a truck that you can't start? I can buy 3 drivers for that. But I guess they didn't have to deal with any rust issues... :argue:
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

reality tv=
anything but real

did not ever watch this stuff before as we did not get it out in the sticks

travelling and staying in motels that had satellite tv recently i saw lots of unusual stuff.
IMO it just drives up the prices of junk and makes some sellers think their lead is gold.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
thenephilm
United States of America

Post by thenephilm »

The price of the resto seemed pretty unrealistic as well. $3500.00 for paint and bodywork seems real low given the condition that the truck was in.
Hi I'm Justin.
therealjoeshmoe

Post by therealjoeshmoe »

anyone got a pic of that truck i missed the show!!!
Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!

Image Image Image Image
rickairmedic

Post by rickairmedic »

Joey the show will most likely rerun 3 or 4 times between now and next week so you should be able to catch it :D. They started with a pretty clean Texas " rust free truck " that had a little body damage on the drivers side rear but nothing to bad Lance has fixed worse :D.

Rick
if it aint broke fix it till it is :D
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

I am always amazed on these shows that they mess with it for 5 minutes and it starts! Then they drive off like it's "all good". My guess is if you want to flip a pretty much ruse free unibody, you slap a couple cans of bondo, shoot some cheap enamel and buff it. New cheapo tires and cheap shiny wheels make for eye candy. Same formula as the guys in the desert junk yard. 1 week restorations?

It was far from "restored", and far from done.

I get so mad watching that crap that I can't wait to see what they are going to do next week!

SPark
1932 Ford 5 window coupe. 302/C4
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was
2013 F150 Super Crew Eco Boost 4x4
2015 Ford Edge for the little lady, because she said so!
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6-3V/5 Speed. Only 8680 miles on the clock.

More toys, I need more toys!!!
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

Sounds like that show "Fast and Loud" which comes from Dallas. TR