63 Brakes backing plate

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

donald luster

63 Brakes backing plate

Post by donald luster »

To show you how my old memory is letting me down. I thought that my brakes on the 63 had been changes from single piston to double pistons. Well I tore into the brakes today and guess what it still the old one piston. Has anyone just mounted a double piston wheel cylinder onto the old backing plate? Will it just bolt onto the plate and just have to add the piston rod? I would bet that I get to change the backing plate. Don
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Don, I still have all the parts I pulled off when I did the disc conversion on my 62.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

Yes Don---I simply did what you say here. Easiest thing I did on my uni.
Tim
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
64fordf100292v8

Post by 64fordf100292v8 »

Ok, I have a question. Im converting my 64 F100 to an F250. The F250 backing plates are single acting wheel cylinders. Can I change these to double acting? What are the advantages of the double acting? Thanks everyone. :D