Uncle Skip, HELP!!!!!!!!!

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Casey 65
United States of America

Uncle Skip, HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post by Casey 65 »

I saw the photo of your brake line/master cylinder installation with the in-line brake light switch. could you post that again?... I cant find it! Also, what T-fitting did you use? It looks nice and saves the railing around on the floor boards of the truck LOL :lol:
jwh f-100
United States of America

Post by jwh f-100 »

Will this help?

On this post - http://fordtruk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2790&highlight=master

Is this link - http://fordtruk.com/index29.html

I agree it looks good there but just as another thought, mount it down below somewhere, use that tee as a "brake line union" to just plain hide it or clean up the firewall a bit???
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

Yes, That is what I was looking for. Thanks a bunch :D
cdherman

Post by cdherman »

Gerry.

Its been discussed often before, but the plunger switch is a better option than the pressure switch. The plunger lights up sooner, and even fractions of a second can make the difference between being rear ended and not being rear ended.

I have the plunger setup and you know where I am -- I have a welder, torch, and materials to do the job.

Let me know -- I'll be around this weekend if you want to look over the setup that I have.

Here is a pic. That assembly just clamps to the steering column. The connectors that I soldered on connect to the existing wiring harness with no cuts.

[albumimg]782[/albumimg]

David......
1965 F-100 240 Autolite 1101, Disk brake dual master upgraded, swapped over to C4 and powersteering. Bought by my Dad new in March 65'

Planned/considered upgrades:
Perhaps power brakes, 300 I6 motor and JUST maybe, AC!
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

Thank you David. I appreciate the input.

By the way, I noticed that Thourbred Ford hosted the Thunderbird show at their dealership last weekend. We may have a chance. Especially if they see your truck!
cdherman

Post by cdherman »

What I also have, should you persist in the plan to use the pressure switch, is a new switch and the proper "T" blckk for it that I will reluctantly give you (reluctantly, since I'd hate to be responsible for your getting rear ended!!!!).

I have been out of town, though reading some email and visiting slick60s. Hadn't noted the Thouroughbread Ford hosting of a T-Bird event. Would be really nice if we could get them on board for next year. I plan to work on that.....

later....
1965 F-100 240 Autolite 1101, Disk brake dual master upgraded, swapped over to C4 and powersteering. Bought by my Dad new in March 65'

Planned/considered upgrades:
Perhaps power brakes, 300 I6 motor and JUST maybe, AC!
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

Thanks David, I think I'll pass on the pressure switch. I do want to see the setup on your '65. Thanks for the help.