LMC Rubber Seals

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

JUDKIN66

LMC Rubber Seals

Post by JUDKIN66 »

Hello guys, I read an old post saying LMC rubber seals were not worth putting in. I ordered some for my doors and wing windows before I read this. Is the quality still the same, has anyone had good luck with LMC rubber. I havnt attempted to put it in yet cause I need some feedback from some guys and gals that have installed it. Thanks :? [/b]
YukonCor55

Post by YukonCor55 »

I buy a lot of parts from LMC. They sell good stuff and their customer service is first rate. However, I was cautioned early on to only buy rubber products from Dennis Carpenter. They make their own stuff in house whereas the other suppliers generally use imported rubber with spotty quality control. I just finsihed installing DC wing window seals this past Wednesday and they fit like gloves...I mean perfect!! The entire job took less than an hour!
SMSgt USAF Retired
1962 Ford F-250 4 X 4, 1955 Ford Fairlane, 1955 Ford Ranch Wagon, 2002 Indian Chief & a couple of old Fender guitars...Life's Good!
"The credit belongs to the man in the arena whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...his place shall never be with those cold, timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Quality isn't the problem fittment & how they work after they are installed is what's wrong with the LMC stuff, or it was what was wrong in the past. . . .

If the door doesn't shut tight after new weather strips are installed & glued in place, What good is that?

FBp :roll:
Change is the Only Constant
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

I agree their service is good and yes, the door seals are very good quality. They also fit like a glove. They fit so good that I installed the whole driver door with weatherproof adhesive. Did a fine job until I went to close the door :evil: and the door was 3/4" out of alignment. Nothing I could do would make the door fit rightm except of course take them off and use DC seals. Trust the brotherhood man, LMC rubber is junk. :x
Mark

dforquer

Post by dforquer »

I found this post way too late! I am having the exact same problem with my rubber seals. They looked like they would fit great, but after I put them on, the door won't close! I wasted money with LMC, I also have some rear window seals that don't look right either. They have 90 degree angles on them. I don't think they'll fit. Returning them costs me money I could spend with DC.

I'll search before I try to solve more problems....