RECOURSE

TX, OK, AZ, LA, NM, AR, CO

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

good2bea9
United States of America

RECOURSE

Post by good2bea9 »

Do any of you in Az have an idea of what my course of action is in regards to the body shop that has my truck? I delivered the truck to them on 21 May 07 and was told that it would be 7-10 days! WELL, here I am over 70 days later and it is nowhere near complete. I want my truck and am not sure if I should just go down with a flatbed and pick it up and take it somewhere else. I am leaving for Guam in October and I plan on taking it with me but I need it finished. Does anyone know anyone who can finish the paint for me in the Phoenix area? I will have the paint and just need the final sand and paint completed. Thank you to you all. You can see the pics on my profile.
David
fmartin_gila

Post by fmartin_gila »

God luck with trying to get any of the body shops to do you any good. I have never had any good dealings with them. maybe elpolacko or garbz can give you some insight on the Phoenix operations. I do remember, there was/is a place in northwest(on the west side frontage road) Tucson that would put together Hot Rods of all sorts, don't remember the name though.
Fred
Truckrat
United States of America

bodyshop

Post by Truckrat »

grrsign.gif 70 days! OMG! I would say the guy is chumping you off, and hasn't cared to work on it at all. I think I would go see a lawyer and have him draft a letter to the effect that he has not completed the work in the amount of time promised and is to surrender the truck and all parts to you immediately. One question, did you sign any kind of documents for him to begin work on your truck? Just curious, because the lawyer will ask you stuff like that.
A lot of times this is all it takes to get your stuff back, because they don't want to have to appear in front of a judge and explain why they kept your truck all that time and didn't get anything done. Also, the Judge will examine whatever "work" the guy is trying to say he did while the truck was in his shop. The jerk will try and make stuff up to charge you for, including storage fees if he thinks he can get away with it. Don't go into a situation like this unarmed, by that I don't mean with firearms, but with legal representation. Most times the shop guy will back off when he sees you have the law on your side. I wish you all the best on this. I hate seeing people get jerked around like that. TR
good2bea9
United States of America

Post by good2bea9 »

I appreciate the help and suggestions. I think it is a good idea to check with some type of legal representation on this. Of course there is more money out the window. Thanks.
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Dave

I have heard that the Arizona BBB is a bull dog outfit on complaints....

As for a good body shop? havent been here long enough but my past experience is that body shops are some where lower than pig guano for reliabality and getting things done on time.

Garbz
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

thats tooo bad they are taking their own sweet time, I know to get a good job done it does take time, and I can see the situation you are in having to leave for guam, too bad your so far away from here I have a buddy could get it done real quick and in a hurry and does excellent work