new puppy

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

quietwyatt

new puppy

Post by quietwyatt »

Back before Christmas, My wife and I had to have our 14 year old lab/boxer mix put to sleep. She was a well trained companion. She loved people.
We decided we would sooner do w/o a dog rather than to have to go through all that again. Well, We stopped at a pet store 3 weeks ago and that all changed. The had 3 eight week old Dachshund/Schnauzer mixed puppies there. We both fell for the smaller of the three. She came along home with us and was named Maggie May.
I just retired and now have the job of training :( She and I are getting along pretty well but have a long way to go. Thank god for crates :lol:
Here are pics of Sadie Jane and then Maggie May.
Wyatt

1965 F-250 (Betty Boop)
Thomas1190
United States of America

Re: new puppy

Post by Thomas1190 »

What a cute little pup. I would of brought her home too.
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

Looks like she about has you trained!

SPark
1932 Ford 5 window coupe. 302/C4
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was
2013 F150 Super Crew Eco Boost 4x4
2015 Ford Edge for the little lady, because she said so!
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6-3V/5 Speed. Only 8680 miles on the clock.

More toys, I need more toys!!!
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

sorry for your loss, sucks to lose family members, but 14 is getting up there for dogs.

our neighbors 100 lb + chocolate lab came over and knocked up our female shepherd husky mix during the winter and now we have 6 lab mix puppies 7 weeks old we are giving away .
my wife picked out the runt to keep.shes sleeping in a crate right now in the laundry room.
ill be the guy sitting up in town in the slick 4x4 with 5 free puppies in a box.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

Interesting mix in a pup! I just got a 5 year old mini-schnauzer from the humane society last month. He is pretty well trained but needs obedience training again. My first dog- I have always had cats as they were easier to handle with long hours away from home. My 8 YO Ragdoll persian mix cat had to be put down in February after several episodes of heart problems. I too said I wouldn't get another pet for a while- but that changed in April when I brought Diesel home.

Congrats on the pup. mine is 5 and he is a lot of work!
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
bmcgc
United States of America

Post by bmcgc »

How could you get just one?
Over the hill and picking up speed!

1966 F100 (Mine)
1965 Mustang (Hers)
1965 Mustang (Hers)
2012 Dodge Caliber (Hers-under protest)
1998 1100 Aero (Hers)
2001 1100 Aero (Mine)

Wish List:

Win Indy 500
Ask Elvis WTH he has been
Spend the summer as Meatloafs Roadie
Be a member of the "Five Timers" club
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Wyatt, Good move mate,puppies work wonders for broken hearts, oh and anything you leave laying around! :roll:
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Lowell
United States of America

Post by Lowell »

My 96 yr old Mom went to the nursing home last week so we took in her dog. she looks like a Shih tzu mixed with some other breed ,i think. The dog came to my moms house about a year ago, and we never found out where she came from. Weve been busy giving her a haircut and defleaing her as mom wasnt able to care for her properly.Will have to try to post a pic later.
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

A couple months back, my big bro picked up a Shih tzu, and they named him JAX. Several weeks later, my bro came over so that I could repair the seat mounts on his aftermarket seat for his Kawasaki 1600 Nomad. Well, while we were in the garage, Jax was in the yard, but whining because he was alone, so Clarke brought him into the garage......well, after 15 or 20 minutes of wandering about, he was FILTHY:):) He is so low to the ground, and his hair is so long, he was pretty much sweepng the floor whreever he went:)
I suggested he should have been named SWIFFER :mrgreen:
quietwyatt

Post by quietwyatt »

This little girl is getting to be all puppy. Don't dare let your socks lay. You will have to look all over to find them. She likes to grab my pant legs w/o warning. And wear a shirt while holding her. She has a fascination with nipples. Her teeth are sharp as hell. That crap hurts. (no, I'm not trying to feed her)

Swiffer is a good name for most pups. She is small enough to get under the couch and most other furniture. Dust bunnies are almost all gone. :lol:

Hey Ice, If I live up there I would have taken one of yours, Would have been a lot cheaper too. Your wife was smart by taking the runt. Best ones.

I can't imagine having more than one of her. nuts.gif

She did help with the loss of Sadie, although I'll always miss her friendship.

With the wife working most of the day, she seems to have become my puppy. She already put claims to my recliner when I'm not in it :cry:
Wyatt

1965 F-250 (Betty Boop)
Sinc

Post by Sinc »

Hey Wyatt,

Congrats on the new pup, and a big CONGRATS on the retirement! From that photo, it looks like they BOTH fit you well.

Best regards my friend...
quietwyatt

Post by quietwyatt »

Thanks Sinc :)
Wyatt

1965 F-250 (Betty Boop)
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

quietwyatt wrote:Hey Ice, If I live up there I would have taken one of yours, Would have been a lot cheaper too. Your wife was smart by taking the runt. Best ones.
Wyatt you do know im not "up there" anymore
we are in the 4 corners area of
Utah 5 miles from the Utah-Colorado line

the pups are 3rd generation, my wife got the grandmother just before we got married 19 years ago.she lived to be 13.

my wife saved one of the males this morning, he gobbled up his food so fast it got stuck in his throat and she had to do doggie heimlich.he is ok but she was kind of scared.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

Sorry to hear that Sadie passed, Chuck. She was such a GREAT dog. But as others have said.......that new one has you trained already---well almost. I heard you still have accidents on the kitchen floor, occasionally!
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
quietwyatt

Post by quietwyatt »

Wow Ice, Now that's quite a change of scenery is't it? Maybe I should get on here a little more often. Next thing I'll find out Foodstick moved to NYC :shock:

Tim, One thing nice about being retired is that I can clean up my messes before the master gets home :twisted:
Wyatt

1965 F-250 (Betty Boop)
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

NYC could never hold me :P
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

bubbles needs his space!
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
quietwyatt

Post by quietwyatt »

:rotflmao:
Wyatt

1965 F-250 (Betty Boop)