Anybody done a C.V. swap with big wheels on a 65?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

milldinaire
United States of America

Anybody done a C.V. swap with big wheels on a 65?

Post by milldinaire »

I need to know if I should stay in the relative area of my center line or go back a tad? Kids are asleep so it is a real pain to pull the strut to check articulation at different heights. Also I'm running air bags up front, curious if anyone has done this and is there any kind of turning radius down low?

Thanks in advance.
Jeremiah

P.S. 205-215/30R22
milldinaire
United States of America

Re: Anybody done a C.V. swap with big wheels on a 65?

Post by milldinaire »

Kids are up . Power tool time.... muuuuuah muaaahh
Crazy blu

Post by Crazy blu »

Casey the painter for gas monkey garage is running 20s on cv set up, well was he got sponsored by ridetech so now has that! I'm speaking of the Frankenstein truck they built. Ill add pics if you want. I know a guy with a d100 running 22s as well cv set up as well.
Crazy blu

Post by Crazy blu »

It's run a 265/35 personally it's a 29" tire which is perfect for dropped trucks. I actually have two brand new nitto 420s for sale if you need great tires half the price of discount tire.
milldinaire
United States of America

Post by milldinaire »

I was measuring for 29". It seemed like I was running into interference down low. So I was thinking 28". That also would help with fitment when I lay the bed on the ground. 29" goes to thetop of bed and wheel wells will be above bed. That is why I was leaning towards 30 series tires.

Nitto tires are my favorite tires Crazy. That is the brand I plan on running, they are some hook monsters.

Thanks for the feedback crazy blue.
Crazy blu

Post by Crazy blu »

I see your bagged now my bad!
milldinaire
United States of America

Post by milldinaire »

It's all goooooood bud. Thanks for the info. Every bit helps and I wish I could buy those tires off you man.
lowdown65
United States of America

Post by lowdown65 »

I have a 65 with cv front-end bagged. I was running 22" wheels with rubber bands no problem but I took out fender wells. Now I'm running 18" wheels with a bigger tire. Still no problems. I'll have to look on mine tomorrow for the tire size.
milldinaire
United States of America

Post by milldinaire »

Lowdown I am wondering if you changed position of your suspension to clear wheels for turning or if you stayed in the stock centerline location? Also hind sight being 20/20 was there anything you would have done different? Thanks in advance.
lowdown65
United States of America

Post by lowdown65 »

I stayed in the stock center location. I'm having no issues rubbing. Would I do things different? You know, its a cheap way to go to independent suspension, easy to install and handles awesome, but cambers bad when bagging. I would run it again on another slick but probably won't bag it.
milldinaire
United States of America

Post by milldinaire »

Lowdown, thanks for your help. I'm gonna go ahead this weekend and mout this up. Once again thanks for your input.