Can we find the flaws?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Jarrod

Can we find the flaws?

Post by Jarrod »

Cheers,
Jarrod
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

:lol:
Last edited by Casey 65 on August 8, 2007, 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

NIce truck. A hair out of my price range tho.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
mrcando_66F100

Post by mrcando_66F100 »

What do you think it will go for? I like but I have multiple projects sucking me dry at the moment.
Phil

Post by Phil »

I'll go first. The color is putting me to sleep.

Who makes a truck look that good inside and out and blows off the engine compartment?

Nice truck though. Probably woth 10K to the right guy
Someday I'll get another slick :(
YukonCor55

Post by YukonCor55 »

I only found one flaw...Driver's side hood spear is missing (look at the quartering shot from the right rear.) I wonder why he doesn't show any full on driver's side pics...hmmmm????
I don't know if I'd go $10k, but it looks like a darn nice truck! :wink:
SMSgt USAF Retired
1962 Ford F-250 4 X 4, 1955 Ford Fairlane, 1955 Ford Ranch Wagon, 2002 Indian Chief & a couple of old Fender guitars...Life's Good!
"The credit belongs to the man in the arena whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...his place shall never be with those cold, timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)
cdherman

Post by cdherman »

I'd really like to know what sort of rust is hiding underneath. He painted it, but it clearly was NOT a disassemly, frame up job. In the one door shot, you can see a touch of rust comeing up below the lower hinge.

I'd be VERY careful before I dropped 10k on that truck. Could be its worth much more, could be just someone who made it look nice by covering up the rust.
1965 F-100 240 Autolite 1101, Disk brake dual master upgraded, swapped over to C4 and powersteering. Bought by my Dad new in March 65'

Planned/considered upgrades:
Perhaps power brakes, 300 I6 motor and JUST maybe, AC!
Phil

Post by Phil »

Good eyes. Is the screw through the fender normal?
Someday I'll get another slick :(
tomsrod
United States of America

Post by tomsrod »

Aren't the outside mirrors correct for 67-72? I can see a small bolt head holding the RF fender on at the bottom near the door. Must've damaged the old one when taking off the fender. If he painted the steering wheel and the shift collar and spruced up the engine he might get it, but not from me. Very nice truck though.
norville

Post by norville »

mirrors, He's got west coast style there and holes for standard mirrors???
norville

Post by norville »

I don't see 10K there goobers in pass side box corner near cab. Engine needs to be detailed to get kinda moola$

bob
banjopicker66

Post by banjopicker66 »

1. The gauge on the left looks like it is a vacuum gauge, which he notes in the text. Nice bright red needle (compare to speedometer needle) might indicate that he put new innards into original housing?

2. What in the world is up with 2 wires on each side of the coil? Is one for a hidden kill switch, to prevent theft by shorting out the juice to the coil? Is it for the "electronic ignition" he put in?
The 3 speed shifter ought to be a good enough theft prevention device.

3. I don't like the funky wiring sitting on the fender between the voltage regulator and the horn(?) relay. Ditto on the wiring from the coil to the distributor.

Not a 10K truck in my book.
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

norville wrote:mirrors, He's got west coast style there and holes for standard mirrors???

Alot of the time (maybe ALL?) west coast mirrors were a dealer ad on.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
YukonCor55

Post by YukonCor55 »

banjopicker66 wrote:1. The gauge on the left looks like it is a vacuum gauge, which he notes in the text. Nice bright red needle (compare to speedometer needle) might indicate that he put new innards into original housing?

2. What in the world is up with 2 wires on each side of the coil? Is one for a hidden kill switch, to prevent theft by shorting out the juice to the coil? Is it for the "electronic ignition" he put in?
The 3 speed shifter ought to be a good enough theft prevention device.

3. I don't like the funky wiring sitting on the fender between the voltage regulator and the horn(?) relay. Ditto on the wiring from the coil to the distributor.

Not a 10K truck in my book.

The "2 wires on each side of the coil" are actually jumpers to the Pertronix ignition. You can see they go down to the coil. It's the easiest place to get the required 12V hot for the little module to work...unless you have a resistor wire in there, then it runs like crap!
It looks like everything is wired correctly but the work is sloppy. For $10K, that wiring should be wrapped up in a nice tidy package.
SMSgt USAF Retired
1962 Ford F-250 4 X 4, 1955 Ford Fairlane, 1955 Ford Ranch Wagon, 2002 Indian Chief & a couple of old Fender guitars...Life's Good!
"The credit belongs to the man in the arena whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...his place shall never be with those cold, timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Pros:
Both hood spears are there, take a look at the back-to-fron drivers side pic.
If the rust in the lower door pillar seams is no worse than appears just some minor cleaning and some paint will fix it right up. Still a pretty nice truck as it appears.
Cons:
1.Be nice (considering these trucks) if he showed some underside shots too, cab mounts, torque box?.
2.My 64 223 has a red/orange rocker cover, blue?
3.I agree with Phil, why only do half the job?
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

whats that thing above the radio on the dash? looks like some sorta funky cup holder?
looks like a nice pickup, im not a purist so, dont care about all them lil discrepeancies
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

shawns fords wrote:whats that thing above the radio on the dash? looks like some sorta funky cup holder?
looks like a nice pickup, im not a purist so, dont care about all them lil discrepeancies

dood, that's an antique gps system. i remember those from when i was a kiddo. :wink:
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
65TremecGT
United States of America

Post by 65TremecGT »

One pic does have the driver side spear, the other does not. The license plate shows expired sept 2006, so maybe its an older pic. Nice truck though, my guess is it will go up to $6500? Nice clean body to streetrod.
1965 Ford F-100 Short bed Custom Cab, Worn out six for now.
1966 F-250 Ranger waiting for a 79 460/C6 + Disc Brake and PS swap
banjopicker66

Post by banjopicker66 »

OK, the wiring makes sense. However, for a 10K truck, it needs to be nice and tight.
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

ezernut9mm wrote:
shawns fords wrote:whats that thing above the radio on the dash? looks like some sorta funky cup holder?

dood, that's an antique gps system. i remember those from when i was a kiddo. :wink:

I thought mabye it was a buoy buddy or something lol, I remember them from my 76 half ton, but never remember the compass (antique GPS) like that lmao