race track

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

dwbr

race track

Post by dwbr »

taking my slick to the strip tonight, going to get a baseline run time, so after i do my engine mods i can see what i accomplished, will post some pics of my burnouts and times..
________
iolite portable vaporizer
Last edited by dwbr on February 6, 2011, 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z-MAN

Post by Z-MAN »

Kewl, I want to see em
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Don't go down the Gulf Frwy. tonight - gonna be closed from 9 pm until tomorrow morning while they do some serious construction work on the NASA Parkway!!!

It's going to be a helluva mess with a bunch of idiots acting stupid around midnight that don't know about it!!!
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
dwbr

Post by dwbr »

well didnt do as good as i had hoped, they were running the mini drags most of the time, i only got to make 3 passes, i figured out that the trans kickdown kept holding up the shifting, i disconnected it but didnt get to make another pass after that, my best was 17.0 in the quarter,i gave the camera to my son, i figured a 15 year old that is electric savvy would take some good pics, he got a few heres what i got

[/img]
________
MX-6
Last edited by dwbr on February 6, 2011, 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z-MAN

Post by Z-MAN »

Awesome thanks for the pics. Looks like fun and I drag my kids with me too. They love it as much as I do or at least they act like it for dear old dad's sake.

:D
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Pretty cool.
17 seconds is very respectable for a brick like we drive.
Next time you go to do that, let a few of us know and maybe we can meet you over there.
I know I'd like to get a timing slip for Nadine, and I think a couple of others might want to try the same thing.
BTW, I sent you a personal message.
U@ss
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

man I am having flashbacks, thats ennis Texas motorplex, right? used to live down there back when it was first opened. we have a couple of slick owners up here that are drag racing, cant wait to get mine out there for some good ol fun, and stop racing my daily driver pickup :D
dwbr

Post by dwbr »

that is Houston raceway park in Baytown.

http://www.houstonraceway.com

i forgot to mention they have a scale so you can weight you vehicle, with the 429 mine weights in at 3850 #... then adding my 250 lbs...
________
Jerrari
ELpolacko

Post by ELpolacko »

What's your trap speed?
If you do need to get in touch, please use my Email at info@industrialchassisinc.com or post a message on my Facebook Page

Thank you,
Steve
BlueGhost

Post by BlueGhost »

It think a Houston area track day would be fun, I just need to get my truck up here. My speedometer does 0-60 and 1/4 times it would be fun to compare its results to a time slip.
SBC is a defunct phone company, not an engine option.
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

That's a good lookin' truck, looks like you had fun time too! :thumright: Are those Chebby hubcaps? :P
What drivetrain do you currently have?

When I was a kid, the best time I got in my '66 was mid 15's. It had a 390, 4-speed & a 9" posi. I missed my 2-3 shift on my last run...over revved the engine & lightly spun a main bearing. :lol: Limped it home, though. :D
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
dwbr

Post by dwbr »

those hubcaps have an F on them, thats all,not a bowtie engine is a 429 with c6 trans and a 9" rear dont know the gears going to jack it up and roll the tires to see what i calculate

i really wasnt focusing on reaction time, i think out of the 3 passes i was like .15 or so maybe a .09

i had a 77 f150 with a 390 i love that engine, i wish i had it in here instead of the 429... right now that is,,
________
Riders Association
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

Like the truck. You can get a lot of info on making the 429 work its very best over on http://www.460ford.com/index.php. I think after you spend some time with it you will prefer it over the FEs.

Skip me and a bud are thinking about going to the FFW at Baytown next Spring. You ever go to those? May even make Dallas FFW, but I still got some things I want to do first, so maybe not.
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

dwbr wrote:those hubcaps have an F on them, thats all,not a bowtie engine is a 429 with c6 trans and a 9" rear dont know the gears going to jack it up and roll the tires to see what i calculate

i really wasnt focusing on reaction time, i think out of the 3 passes i was like .15 or so maybe a .09

i had a 77 f150 with a 390 i love that engine, i wish i had it in here instead of the 429... right now that is,,

ok I need to refer you to a post I made on here last month, you can see a slick on the center line of drag strip, he also runs a 429 in his, was making 16 sec passes up here at elevation, which corrected that day was about 10,000 feet, at sea level that truck would be in the 15s mabye even high 14s, gotta get that 429 tuned up buddy!
http://fordtruk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2922
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

sweet! pics and truck. i need to get me some deep dish steelies. still lookin. lol.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Cool pics!
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
dwbr

Post by dwbr »

yeah, ive got the parts, this was a base run to see what it did, i have ALOT of upgrade parts, cv9 heads 3angle ground and proted, edelbrock rpm cam,edelbrock rpm intake, edelbrock true roller timing chain, jba headers, hei distrib ordered,,,the list goes on,,, i kinda got ahead of myself though, i bought some high dollar roller rockers from comp cams, and i got the for racing tall valve covers, while i was talking to my son about it i realized i didnt have that much clearance, going to have to change out the power booster or something maybe a hydrabooster...if im going to use roller rockers,, the new cover is about a 1.5 inches taller and square on top
________
BMW M43 history
Last edited by dwbr on February 6, 2011, 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

what are you shooting for? i am just wondering. i don't know crap about hot rods. my intro into performance trucks was my 93 lightning. it weighed 4300 lbs, had a 4:10 gear and an e4od with a 240/340 351w. basically factory stock and went mid to low 15's. left like it was on fire but ran out of steam around the 1000' mark. trapped around 89/90 mph. it was a real stoplight killer though. i just kinda wondered where a short slick would be performance wise on your set up and what tranny and rear gears you had.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

dwbr wrote:i bought some high dollar roller rockers from comp cams, and i got the for racing tall valve covers, while i was talking to my son about it i realized i didnt have that much clearance, going to have to change out the power booster or something maybe a hydrabooster...if im going to use roller rockers,, the new cover is about a 1.5 inches taller and square on top

You can run the roller rockers under the stock height valve covers with cam lifts over .600 :wink:
Phil

Post by Phil »

Ive run Crane Golds, Harland sharps and Comp under my CJ finned covers, just pull off the drip fingers. I did do a little clearancing. I wiped a cam due to the Cranes hitting. I think my pushrods were too long. After that I mocked it up and have had no issues, I use a Felpro .313 thick valve cover gasket.

Someday I'll get another slick :(