Speedometer Question For Our Canadian Friends

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

YukonCor55

Speedometer Question For Our Canadian Friends

Post by YukonCor55 »

Is this an ultra rare 160mph speedo designed for the never produced street version of the F-100XL or is this thing calibrated for kilometers and the seller either doesn't know or isn't saying? I'm too dumb to figure it out for myself!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 09288&rd=1
SMSgt USAF Retired
1962 Ford F-250 4 X 4, 1955 Ford Fairlane, 1955 Ford Ranch Wagon, 2002 Indian Chief & a couple of old Fender guitars...Life's Good!
"The credit belongs to the man in the arena whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...his place shall never be with those cold, timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

The XL's speedo only goes to 100.

I wonder with a 61 part # where in the world this was meant for, maybe south africa had KPH in 61, but Britain, Canada, New Zealand and Oz didn't.

I know Carpenter has these, new, for just one arm, a leg, and 2 firstborn children. I might just bid on that one.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
YukonCor55

Post by YukonCor55 »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's set up for "klicks." The graduations are identical to where they'd be at the same speed on a MPH version. 50MPH=80 KPH. Seems pretty simple; same cable and gearing means Ford could export them anywhere and only change the speedo face plate.

It sure looks like it's in great shape though. It might be worth my while to move to Canada just so I'd have a reason to install it! :lol:
SMSgt USAF Retired
1962 Ford F-250 4 X 4, 1955 Ford Fairlane, 1955 Ford Ranch Wagon, 2002 Indian Chief & a couple of old Fender guitars...Life's Good!
"The credit belongs to the man in the arena whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...his place shall never be with those cold, timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)
Z-MAN

Post by Z-MAN »

I got an extra if you need one doc and a plus , it uses mph

Z
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Now if only a CC style sweep speedo like that would come along... :steering: :D
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!