"Its all your fault"

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ras4434

"Its all your fault"

Post by ras4434 »

Well after all the support from this wonderful group of guys about my addiction problems buying slicks I decided not to buy the 63 f100 4x4 I talked about a few weeks ago. I felt so much relief not buying it and having more rust problems to deal with that I went out celebrate my strength and new found freedom. Walked right into a 65 f100 and it is now in my drive way. "Whats with you guys any way?" I thought your words of wisdom was better than that. Its all your fault, beacuse I know it cant be mine......I do however needs some help concerning the engine. The PO said it is a GT390 Cruisematic with approximately 350 miles on it. '67 short block, 68 GT heads, new pistons, cam, pushrods,lifters,Holly 670, Edelbrock intake and is balanced. What does the GT stand for? I am a 300 I-6 kind of guy. Anyway all kidding aside I am stoked. No rust with the exception of lip rust on the hood it is rust free. I need to replace the tie rods and the questionable brown interior (clashes withthe White/turquoise paint) I am down the road. I will post pictures once I figure out why my computer wont allow me to post.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

It must stand for Great Truck! :P Alan
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

thats the same engine I had in my 69, its the Rare one when your talking mustangs, (S code) has four bolts on exhaust flanges instead of 2, I also know my original intake manifold has a bit diff plane height than the other Truck FE 390 intake as well should be 4V pistons inside as well I believe HP was rated around 320-330 hp, I havent read up on it much lately because mine was cracked and now have a 428 service block, but im sure someone can fill you in with more details
all I know is a coupe with a S code engine is really rare and total sold were less than all shelbys combined, the movie bullit used a S code 390 GT mustang fastback there were less than 11,000 stangs total with this engine sold from 1967 -1969 you could find them in fairlanes as well as other rides im sure
ripsnorter

Post by ripsnorter »

hey great to hear ross!

lets definately see some pics. This wasnt one on craigslist was it?

Heck if I would have known you were looking for one I would have PMed you a whole slew of them. Ive run across quite a few of them lately that I havent posted.
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

ripsnorter: Yes it was on Evil bay and I probably paid too much for it but I am tired of rust and that issue is at a minimum on this truck. Looks like my green 66 will end up being an organ donar sometime soon. Did you ever start the 240?
ripsnorter

Post by ripsnorter »

Yeah I had some threads/posts about it here.

Measured the stroke on it and it turns out its actually a 300. (thats a plus)

Some screwing around and silliness on my part later, I got it running outside of the truck. Runs fine, got it warmed up and watched it for any smoke, looks great :) good compression too :)

I'm having a hard time getting it in the truck though, but thats on mine and the transmissions end. And now I'm out of time to work on it for the moment so its back on the back burner for a month or two or three. (work sucks ya know?)

Thanks again for it :D

Do you have any links to the ebay auction? I want to see this truck!
Slick Fan

Re: "Its all your fault"

Post by Slick Fan »

ras4434 wrote:What does the GT stand for?

Gran Touring...or Gran Tourismo. One of those. :D

Welcome to the world of Slick addiction! It's fun, but it has a way of overtaking one's available parking spots. :lol:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

How many Slicks do you need?

Just one more...
bertha66

Post by bertha66 »

I have a 67 "GT" Fairlane 390 in my 66 4X4 F100, great engines, they were rated 335HP back in the 60's. It has been in my truck sense 1979 when I put it in.
1966 F-100 4x4 390hipro
1964 Galaxie 428 ci
1967 F-100
1968 F-350 crew truck