Ok, this truck is (almost) worthy of discussion too! LOL!!

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Slick Fan

Ok, this truck is (almost) worthy of discussion too! LOL!!

Post by Slick Fan »

And, I have a sneaking hunch that nobody will take offense to picking this one apart. :lol:

--->LINKY<---

I'm diggin' the soft top, but my favorite is the house type door hinges welded on the front of the forward tilting hood. :P

My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
jeffw

truck

Post by jeffw »

that's a very nice truck,,I'll give em that,, love the carpet,, missin a knob for the glove box though,,, kinda cool with the removeable top,,,
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

The camera man didnt try to hide much, window winder just hanging in there :) .
Alan
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Actually, that is a pretty cool looking truck. Lots of good ideas and the finish looks pretty good too.
I think I'll take Nadine out to take a look at it.
BT, think what Reba should be worth after looking at this one.
U@ss
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
Phil

Post by Phil »

Nope, not to my taste, Stuff I like, stuff I don't.
The stuff I don't like becomes important at 10K though.
Someday I'll get another slick :(
YukonCor55

Post by YukonCor55 »

What's up with all of these flamed paint jobs lately?? :?
SMSgt USAF Retired
1962 Ford F-250 4 X 4, 1955 Ford Fairlane, 1955 Ford Ranch Wagon, 2002 Indian Chief & a couple of old Fender guitars...Life's Good!
"The credit belongs to the man in the arena whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...his place shall never be with those cold, timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)
banjopicker66

Post by banjopicker66 »

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Bloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Pretty.

Pretty blue

Pretty pretty blue!

NOT!
dwbr

Post by dwbr »

this is actually the same color i had picked out for my 65, it is a ford color for 65, and i like blue
________
Kaiser Jeep history
Last edited by dwbr on February 6, 2011, 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Besides the hokey hinges and the huggy bear purple landau roof.......... :shock:

Garbz
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

The thing that amuzes me most is the bonehead dealer thinks he has a gold mine there.
The paint/ flames aren't bad (JC didn't you say ghost flames were cool with you?)

Someone put alot of time in that only to completely forget the details.

Faux vert top?????

The carpet would make me too dizzy to drive the thing.

Ricer pedal pads on a Slick!!!!!!! the world must be ending soon.

Like Phil said, the hood hinges ROFLMAO! and they STILL didn't get it to close all the way!

JC's favorite kind of Slick bed floor.

Gotta love the hood side emblem "frames", lol.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
YukonCor55

Post by YukonCor55 »

Greg D wrote:Like Phil said, the hood hinges ROFLMAO! and they STILL didn't get it to close all the way!

I just noticed the hood thing...Hell, my hood fits like that now with hinges and latches are 45 years old!! :wink:
Last edited by YukonCor55 on August 11, 2007, 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SMSgt USAF Retired
1962 Ford F-250 4 X 4, 1955 Ford Fairlane, 1955 Ford Ranch Wagon, 2002 Indian Chief & a couple of old Fender guitars...Life's Good!
"The credit belongs to the man in the arena whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...his place shall never be with those cold, timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

In all fairness, the seller is a broker.
That is not his truck.
I am going out for a visit to look it over and get some idea what my truck is worth.
There are some good ideas on this one, but it wasn't put together with a vision if you get my drift. I kind of like the hood scoop idea, I'd just do it a "little" different. 8)
No slams. A pretty nice truck and I sincerely hope he gets his asking price, makes the future look pretty good for the rest of us.
U@ss
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Skip, I did like the hood scoops too - in concept at least. I would have taken the extra step though to make them the full width of the recesses. Don't get me wrong, definately not a horrible truck. I actually didn't mind the flames, they just needed some shading for my taste. I just pointed out things I didn't like, to be fair alot of them are an easy fix though, even the top could be pulled and painted. Like Phil said "at 10K things I don't like are important". You are not thinking of selling Nadine are you??? That would scare me more than the ricer pedals on a Slick. :shock:
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:o Is that a factory fitted recess in the top of the firewall, or is it after market option :shock:
Alan
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

OK, to make Shawn tim, Doc and others happy. Here she goes.
Man I have ALWAYS loved purple cloth tops on vehicles. They are the shiznit.

Those flames are so real a guy could burn his hands on them. Don't look totally fake and drawn by a monkey at all , woohoo! Man I love flames like that. Not at all totally phony looking flames. My favourite. Think I'll roast some Marshmallows. MMMMMMMMMMmmmmm

You know, whenever I see a sixties Chev with a wickedly warped and hopelessly irreparable box floor, I always say.. "Why the heck didn't Ford build Stylesides with wood boxes, they could have those beautiful warped and rotted floors too!" and this fellow has remedied that silly oversite by Ford , those sillies, putting them dang silly durable steel box floors in their trucks since the 30's. Good job!

You know, I'd gladly pay this guy 6000 dollars more than this truck is worth, and buy it now. But, sadly, my garage is full. How sad for me. Someone else please give this guy 10 grand and add on 1000 dollars just because he has such great taste. I mean, it's not every day you see a purple cloth roof on a truck. probably 1/1
worth at least a 7 grand premium, I would say.
Last edited by Johnny Canuck on August 11, 2007, 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Nadine is the "not for salest" truck in America, unless some idiot breaks out lottery money...... :lol:
Every thing has a price.
U@ss
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

Johnny Canuck wrote:OK, to make Shawn tim, Doc and others happy. Here she goes.
Man I have ALWAYS loved purple cloth tops on vehicles. They are the shiznit.

Those flames are so real a guy could burn his hands on them. Don't look totally fake and drawn by a monkey at all , woohoo! Man I love flames like that. Not at all totally phony looking flames. My favourite. Think I'll roast some Marshmallows. MMMMMMMMMMmmmmm

You know, whenever I see a sixties Chev with a wickedly warped and hopelessly irreparable box floor, I always say.. "Why the heck didn't Ford build Stylesides with wood boxes, they could have those beautiful warped and rotted floors too!" and this fellow has remedied that silly oversite by Ford , those sillies, putting them dang silly durable steel box floors in their trucks since the 30's. Good job!

You know, I'd gladly pay this guy 6000 dollars more than this truck is worth, and buy it now. But, sadly, my garage is full. How sad for me. Someone else please give this guy 10 grand and add on 1000 dollars just because he has such great taste. I mean, it's not every day you see a purple cloth roof on a truck. probably 1/1
worth at least a 7 grand premium, I would say.
geeze johnny all ya hadda do is say "well it is a Texas truck, that explains it all"
:lol: notice how uncle skip jumped right on it? :lol:
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Uncle skip is color blind. Maybe thinks the truck is tea sip orange :P
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
cdherman

Post by cdherman »

eeeewwww

I really love close up shot of the Pioneer speaker someone raped the door panels with. As if that Pioneer speaker is something special.

The guy dreams about getting that much.
1965 F-100 240 Autolite 1101, Disk brake dual master upgraded, swapped over to C4 and powersteering. Bought by my Dad new in March 65'

Planned/considered upgrades:
Perhaps power brakes, 300 I6 motor and JUST maybe, AC!
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

I have looked at a lot of this guys/companies auctions as he sells a lot of newer F Series too. I never really thought any of his other auctions were out of line price wise. I think he has been watching too many Barrett Jackson auctions, as I have seen this and another auction for an older vehicle, prices seem a bit optmistic.