restoration questions.

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Country

restoration questions.

Post by Country »

Have a few hundred questions I need to run by everybody, but for my sanity and yours I'll just limit it to a few>

Anybody have a good contact (vendor) that has done plastic recrohming on your custom cab dash/speedo bezel?

Trying to find a vendor that supplies the original style cab floor covering..checkerd pattern with the color inlay. If not who in your opinion provides the best quality floor cover?

And finally does the day ever come that you will actually put all of those rusted bolts and parts that you cleaned bagged and tagged back on your truck......
1966 Ford F100 Custom Cab - 240 Frame off restoration completed.
1966 Ford F100 Custom Cab - 352 Semi daily driver gallery/image.php?mode=medium&album_id=285&image_id=10139
1966 Ford F100 Short Bed project
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Mr G's Rechrome Plastic, Fort Worth Texas he advertise's in Hemming's Motor News or 817-838-3131 is the number on the building the only one I would trust on your plastic dash panel
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Check out Dennis Carpenter

last i saw he was reproducing the plastic CC bezels for around 100 bucks...Thats how much it will cost to have yours re-vaccume plated.

Garbz
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

the only thing David is that they are being done overseas so who knows how they will turn out???, We tried to get some few weeks ago and said still on the boat :lol: :lol:
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Figgures.

But for 100 bucks.......

I had a place out of Michigan that did a few bezels for me I think it was American Chrome. Did stuff for muscle cars. Nice work but 100 bucks a pop and no guarantees.

Garbz
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Careful on the imports. If those off shore Re-Pops are coming from China they might be TOXIC. no.gif down_1_Revan.gif

Seems most all else from tooth paste & pet food to toys from Land of the great WALL has been or is latey. :peepwall: :peepwall: :roll:

:2cents: FBp :rotflmao: :laughing: :rotflmao: Bolt.gif
Change is the Only Constant
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

It is highly recommended NOT to eat your dash bezel.
Seriously. Smilie_4_Revan.gif
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

www.cvvacuumplaters.com

They did my dash and it turned out great. Check out my pics in my gallery
Mark

MadMaxetc
United States of America

Re: restoration questions.

Post by MadMaxetc »

Country wrote:...checkerd pattern with the color inlay...

Didn't know they did anything other than the Black rubber with the Cog and Lightning Bolt? DC would be your best bet.

Country wrote:And finally does the day ever come that you will actually put all of those rusted bolts and parts that you cleaned bagged and tagged back on your truck......

I don't know, I am 10years in and don't see an end. :( :shock:
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Johnny Canuck wrote:It is highly recommended NOT to eat your dash bezel.
Seriously. Smilie_4_Revan.gif

:laughing:
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
cdherman

Re: restoration questions.

Post by cdherman »

Country wrote:And finally does the day ever come that you will actually put all of those rusted bolts and parts that you cleaned bagged and tagged back on your truck......

No. I put mine all back together and I still have lots of bags and boxes of stuff that somehow didn't get used and now I cannot throw it away, cause its original etc.

And your "treasure chest" of parts and stuff you scrounge will grow until you have a closet or garage or school bus full (Iceman) of stuff. The limitation is your own space -- you will accumulate stuff till it fills the space you have and only then begin to make those hard, fundamental choices in life, such as whether you need 2 or 3 carburetor cores that you *might* want to rebuild someday........

Good luck -- there far far worse hobbies (obsessions?) to have......
1965 F-100 240 Autolite 1101, Disk brake dual master upgraded, swapped over to C4 and powersteering. Bought by my Dad new in March 65'

Planned/considered upgrades:
Perhaps power brakes, 300 I6 motor and JUST maybe, AC!
Country

Post by Country »

Oh no....I already have two carbs setting on the shelve...thinking I'll rebuild them someday. Its happened, I have been afflicted with the disease ...and I like it. :D

Thanks for the suggestions. Will follow up with vendors and let yall know how it goes.
1966 Ford F100 Custom Cab - 240 Frame off restoration completed.
1966 Ford F100 Custom Cab - 352 Semi daily driver gallery/image.php?mode=medium&album_id=285&image_id=10139
1966 Ford F100 Short Bed project