"Battery-Tray Refurbish"

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Shadow

"Battery-Tray Refurbish"

Post by Shadow »

I Scored A Decent Battery-Tray & Hold Down At The Salvage. Cleaned It Up And Painted It With "X-O Rust" Dipped The Ends Of The Hold Down In Some Red "Plasti-Dip" I Had. Next I Borrowed A Page From Lances Playbook By Making A Ghetto Battery Mat Out Of A Rubber "Marvin The Martian" Floor-Mat My Buddy Gave Me. Not Perfect But Way Better Than What I Had, Not To Mention No More Bungee-Cord. :lol: ........ Image Image Image Image
rickairmedic

Re: "Battery-Tray Refurbish"

Post by rickairmedic »

Looks pretty good from where I am sitting :D.

Rick
if it aint broke fix it till it is :D
Hazdri
United States of America

Post by Hazdri »

Hate to see some good looking mats getting diced up :roll:

Good tip. I will have to keep that in mind.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

[quote="Hazdri"]Hate to see some good looking mats getting diced up :roll:

Yeah, I Helped My Friend Clean Out His Garage When He Was Moving. Can You Believe He Was Just Going To Throw These In The Trash? :lol: You Should See The Other Stuff I Dragged Home That Day.....
69supercj

Post by 69supercj »

I thought about painting my battery tray with the spray plasti-dip instead of just regular old paint. Any one ever used the spray plasti-dip in this application?
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

69supercj wrote:I thought about painting my battery tray with the spray plasti-dip instead of just regular old paint. Any one ever used the spray plasti-dip in this application?
I'm Pretty Sure Ezer & Greg D. Have Sprayed Their Battery Trays With Plasti-Dip. I Had Thought About Using A Can Of "Flex-Seal" Hey, If You Can Use It To Seal A Screen Door In The Bottom Of A Row-Boat Why Not A Battery-Tray? :lol:................