The real story of Slick 60's

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Uncle Skip
United States of America

The real story of Slick 60's

Post by Uncle Skip »

Lance/ Kid.
By my recollection, we just passed the 14th or 15th anniversary of the founding of the club. Do you guys remember exactly when you posted that original site on Excite all those years ago?
I found you in December of '95 (I think), signed up as member #13 and remember being so happy to find a place that had people who had the same love for these old trucks as I did.
I had no clue it was mostly a joke.
Regardless, I think dates would be appropriate for your history of the club if you can remember them........
Remembering the old days, I have mixed emotions. Used to be you could buy an old worn out Ford F-100 for a couple of hundred bucks. When you rolled up to a stop light, you could bet the next months rent that there wasn't another on in town like it.
But Slick 60's changed all that. Now what used to be a crusher candidate goes for $$$$.
I'm proud because one of the most beautiful truck designs is finally getting its due, but I'm bummed out that I can't buy trucks or parts the way I used to do.
Like Bob Hope used to say, "Thanks for the mammaries." or something like that.
Uncle Skip
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
foodstick

Re: The real story of Slick 60's

Post by foodstick »

I think Kid and I figured out between us it all started in August of 1999 ....It was the year I met him at the Goodguys auto show
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

yea,we met at the Goodguys in July of 99 and it went from there so at about SS time we will be at 15 Years
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

Yes Unc , your mammory is fading. I know I joined in Nov 2000 (had just gone to Yahoo) and there weren't many of us. I know I remember when we hit 100 members and THAT was a BIG deal. I just can't remember when that happened!

Thanks AGAIN Lance and Darrell !

Tim
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

just looked and the official member count is 3301, not sure how many of those are still here and how many are active but I do know we have ALOT of lurkers who are not members but just read the posts
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

I hang around on here and just lerk sometimes but have been a proud member for the last 8 or so years... I have learned more about my truck and you guys have been so helpful on identifying all the parts, even if they weren't the "right" years.. (most of us know mine is sitting on a newer chassis) I have had it apart for over 7 years and without the support that this group gives, I might not have finished it but I like this group of knuckleheads and the truck isn't bad either.. lol for the first time, I will be making a trip to Altoona to meet up with all of my help and friends from this site and all over the world.. Thanks Lance and Darrell for this site, it and you two, are AWESOME!!! before and afters!!

Image Image
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

Maybe we did start earlier in 1998? Because I am fairly sure we were at excite for over a year ,seems more like two years...
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

It was 99, I have a pic of my 64 the second year I went to GoodGuys with it and it is dated 2000
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Darrell just to give you a idea how long something can last,, Many, Many years ago I went with my 56 to the very first truck show to a little town call Chimney Rock, NC where 28 trucks showed up which now is the pre-runner of the Supernationals in Pigeon Forge, Tn and can say me and Kathy , Pat Ford the original man behind the show that had a way to get 53/56 trucks together, Wayne Dean and 1 other that is still at it in many different ways the show and still messing around with trucks after 36+ years, so Darrell and all the other ones behind the scenes etc. Keep up the Good Work and many good things to come by in the future
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
slickmainer
United States of America

Post by slickmainer »

I bought my first one in 2000 or 2001 and I found you guys.
loved that truck

--Gregg--
you can't get there from here