"Question For Any Econoline Guys"

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Shadow

"Question For Any Econoline Guys"

Post by Shadow »

After Years Of Chevy's & Buick's My Friend Finally Got An Old Ford. It's A 1967' Econoline Van. Here's The Problem, He Needs A New Master Cylinder And They Are Impossible To Find. I Guess They Were 67' Only On The Dual-Pot Reservoirs. Anybody Ever Used A Different Master Cylinder? Off The 67' Pickup Maybe?? Or Should He Locate A Rebuild Kit?? I Know One Of You Crafty Veterans Has Probably Dealt With This Issue. Thanks....
Fordman85
United States of America

Re: "Question For Any Econoline Guys"

Post by Fordman85 »

Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

Not sure what the Econo used but If its the same as the Fairlane (with a bolt on lid) ----just use a 68. They are the same otherwise.
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

I Saw This Page, It Looks Like A Good Option Though A Bit Pricey. "Rockauto" Has The Rebuild Kits But He May Have To Have It Re Sleeved. The Econoline Vans Are A Weird Setup. They Have The Straight-Axle With The Master-Cylinder Way In Front & Slightly Above It. Not Much Room To Add Aftermarket Parts. They Make The "Slick" Brake System Look Easy. :shock: ....