Trip routes for possible convoys

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Kid
United States of America

Trip routes for possible convoys

Post by Kid »

Are we ready to start posting up routes members will be taking to attend SlickStock this Year. If you want to post your route so anyone along the way can meet up with you even if it is a meet and greet for a few minutes.
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Re: Trip routes for possible convoys

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Ok we will be heading south along The Northern road then hop on to the M4 at Orchard Hills, till Wallgrove and merge onto the M7 south to Prestons and jump onto the M5 east, right through to the airport exit and take the Airport Drive to the departure Plaza, then its mostly water before we then drive out onto the International Parkway north to where we hang a right down Lyndon B Johnson Fwy, then it gets a bit fuzzy! :steering: :oops:
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
aarons428
Germany

Post by aarons428 »

Pretty easy for me US275 from Norfolk ne to airport in Omaha to pick up a Canadian. Then up I29 to I80 and east to Altoona!!!
2010 Ford Edge
99 Ford Expedition
65 Ford f-100 swb
460 stock other than a double roller timing chain and a s475 TURBO pushing 6psi of boost (now 12lbs)
351 W Pulled and on garage floor in storage
428 4v (R.I.P)
c-6 wide ratio modified
torino front stub
home made ladder bar rear with air bags
11.96 sec @ 110mph 1\4mile (best with the 428)
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

at least I get a little road trip out of it eh? :steering:
Mark

LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

Anyone that is coming from the south or east, my shop is available if needed. I'm in SE Iowa right at 100 miles from Des Moines, at the intersection of Highway 2 and Highway 63 in Bloomfield, IA.

If you're coming thru this area, drop me a PM and I'll get you my phone numbers and address.

Everyone have a safe trip and enjoy your rides!

SPark
1932 Ford 5 window coupe. 302/C4
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was
2013 F150 Super Crew Eco Boost 4x4
2015 Ford Edge for the little lady, because she said so!
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6-3V/5 Speed. Only 8680 miles on the clock.

More toys, I need more toys!!!
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

i am in kansas city on mm1 (i-29) and mm8 (i-35). i think i am heading up 35 on wednesday some time. should be a three hour drive so i'll probably leave about 10am. now, i just need to find a truck to drive up there.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
slixtyfive
United States of America

Post by slixtyfive »

I'm about 85 miles NE of Altoona - just north of US highway 30 (near Keystone, IA) and I work in Cedar Rapids, IA. I'll be heading down sometime on Thursday but let me know if you are coming through sometime earlier and maybe we can meet up......
"It's better to be gone but not forgotten, than to be forgotten but not gone." Gary Allan
billum
United States of America

Post by billum »

Hello All and thanks for letting me troll around this forum for help. I am blown away that there is a group of people that are into these old girls, and such a wealth of knowledge that has been amassed over the years. Was also pleasantly surprised to find out SS is pretty close to me as Im in central illinois. I am very new to owning a slick and think I found a solid starter that was also the same year and model that got me hooked as my dad had one to pull his drag car in the early 70's. My reason for posting is Im very interested in attending SS but have not seen much with regards to the type of atmosphere of the event. Is it "just the fellas" or "fellas and the old ball and chain" or "the whole famn damily"? How vast is the age range? Things of that sort. Thanks a million to all who have helped me unknowingly though posts that have allowed me to get my "Camile" on the raod again. :steering:
Id rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy!

LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

It's all good. Single guys up to families. Been described as a family reunion. There is drinking, games, road trips, food, sitting around sharing stories and fun. I've only been to one but wouldn't hesitate to take kids (mine are both married so they don't really count as kids anymore). It's laid back. Lots of looking at trucks, asking/answering questions, stealing ideas, leaning on boxes and trucks talking.

It's fun and highly recommended. Age runs the entire spectrum. Kids to Granma.

Look back thru past SS pictures that are posted under different years past for a good idea of what's happening.

Looking forward to meeting you,
SPark
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was

Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

here`s a selection of the people you are likely to meet up with!

Oh and the Girls..... :wink:

Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
billum
United States of America

Post by billum »

Looks like a solid time with some good folks. Is my truck considered slick? By that i mean are there vehicles in all forms? Modded, original, etc.

Id rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy!

Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

billum wrote:Looks like a solid time with some good folks. Is my truck considered slick? By that i mean are there vehicles in all forms? Modded, original, etc.

I reckon you`d have a hard time seeing 2 the same, we have survivors right through to concourse and everything in between, and that's just the blokes, you should see the trucks! :lol:

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

Every kind of truck you can think of from stone stock survivors to full built NASCAR style magazine trucks to semi tractors. Modifications are not an issue, we even let a Chevy motored truck park with the others (he has since come to his senses and switched to Ford). It fun to look at different ideas, pick on each other about differences and get to know who you are posting with the rest of the time on the computer. Some of the faces do not match what you think they would look like, that's for sure!

They even allowed a couple fridges to slip in. There were also bumps spotted.

Truckfarmer2

Post by Truckfarmer2 »

Coming from Central Illinois by way of I-80 probably on Thursday.
If you continue to buy imports, where will your children work?