Pate Swapmeet 2014

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

graybeard
United States of America

Re: Pate Swapmeet 2014

Post by graybeard »

Ed,
This year, unlike last year, I got out and prowled around a little. I stopped by your Winnie, once and knocked, went by several times, your chopper was never there.

In route home I lost what I thought was a good tire, on the trailer, put a good spare on, it blew about 80 miles later. The Airsrteam ended up being left in Guthrie over night, over the course of the weekend and the Monday after, I bought six tires. The 255 60 15 on the drivers side rear of Shoe String, when it blew, sounded like 105 MM round fired out of a M64 with out benifit of ear muffs.

Hope to see you there next year Ed.

IRL
Last edited by graybeard on April 30, 2014, 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you can't run with the big dogs "STAY UNDER THE PORCH" !!!!!
betfm
United States of America

Post by betfm »

IRL,

Man, you have had a fun trip. I too was doing a lot of cruising around. I did see you leaving in your truck one day when I was riding my chopper :lol: to the swap meet, but I didn't have enough HP to catch up--need to work out a FE conversion.

I left sat afternoon about 3pm as a lot of venders were closing up shop and leaving--by then I had cruised the swap meet about 4 times, I wanted to stop by Slick 60's compound 1 more time but was running out of gas after 4 days of shopping.

I am still in OKC visiting grandchildren. I am leaving tomorrow am for Denver and a swap meet at Bandimere Drag strip this saturday that I been going to several years.

Could you pm me your number as I have a friend in Gypsum Co. that may be interested in a headliner. I think it is for a 65 or 66.

Perhaps we will meet up again in 2015.

Take care,
Ed
"I just need a bigger hammer"

Ed

1961 F250 Unibody long bed ,(Under construction)
jeffdmartin

Post by jeffdmartin »

New member here... I'm Jeff.

I met some of the Slick60s crew at Pate's swap meet, and the BBQ at PFM's place. Thanks for the hospitality to PFM, Uncle Skip, and the others that I forget the screen names. I moved to Texas recently. My truck is still in North Carolina. I am getting some engine work completed later this month in NC before moving it be with me.

I am doing some upgrades to my slick and will have quite a few questions. I will be searching, reading, etc on the site for a while.

First question: I have a partially restored '65 mustang with aftermarket AC. I am selling the mustang, and am thinking of removing the AC and putting in the truck since it won't add/detract from the mustang sales price.

Anybody have any input, pictures of the mustang AC system in a slick truck? I am concerned it will dominate the interior space.

The AC system looks like the picture attached. I also included a picture of the mustang with the truck in the background (to introduce the truck to the group!). I tried to attach two pictures, we'll see if they work...

Thanks, and Hello to all! I am already trying to make plans to work SlickStock into my schedule...
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Welcome, Jeff, glad you made it, and enjoyed talking with you. Just my opinion, but for the prices as evidenced at Pate, I would be inclined to leave the Mustang unit in place and purchase a replacement, especially if planning to sell the 'stang down here!. The evaporator does not have to match the rest of the system, leaving you some good options at both ends. I personally don't care for the appearance of the Mustang evaporator; although I would probably run one if I had no other cheap options.
I will try to post a pic of the evaporators in one of my trucks, and also the nicely integrated unit in Dale's. (He's the guy sleeping in the chair at Pate!)
Again, :welcome:
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
PFM-64f100

Post by PFM-64f100 »

Good to see you joined Jeff. I agree bite the bullet and get that classic auto air unit (from grapevine). It is an easy bolt in. It is cold enough to cool off my CrewCab. :)
64 F100 short bed-style side-460-c6-with side toolbox and Dakota Front Suspension
And a 65 CrewCab

Chris W.

The pickups
65 Crew Cab
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/CrewCab/index.html
64 F100
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1964- ... index.html
The Torino project http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1971- ... eFile.html
jeepbut
United States of America

Post by jeepbut »

Jeff, if you just want an under dash unit for reasonable price, contact Lucky's Rod shop in Ennis, Texas. They are just down the road from you. Thanks, Lyman.
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Pate was a blast as usual! Great seeing everyone and I think we all seemed to be running on 7 cylinders at Chris's Bar-Bee-Que. If it's sunny and you don't put sunscreen on by 9 am... you'll be a redneck by 11 am. I took a handful of my typical goofy pics of stuff i see that I'll post soon.
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
jeffdmartin

Post by jeffdmartin »

Thanks Toyz, PFM, Jeepbut ! I recall the jeepbut story now...

Good info on AC guys, much appreciated.
dirtweed

Post by dirtweed »

Hey I was at pate this year and and left my info to get a fiberglass headliner for my 66. Have not heard anything. Can I get some contact info? He was sold out and was expecting some more in a month or 2.
graybeard
United States of America

Post by graybeard »

dirtweed wrote:Hey I was at pate this year and and left my info to get a fiberglass headliner for my 66. Have not heard anything. Can I get some contact info? He was sold out and was expecting some more in a month or 2.

******We just produced three sets, two of those sets are awaiting local pickup on the way to Slick Stock. We make them three sets at a time the one set is not spoken for. PM me.

IRL COLLINS
SHADETREE ENGINEERING
If you can't run with the big dogs "STAY UNDER THE PORCH" !!!!!