Cheap, almost caribean turquoise touch up paint.

Got a helpful tip or trick related to your slick? Please share...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

charliemccraney

Cheap, almost caribean turquoise touch up paint.

Post by charliemccraney »

Rustoleum Painter's Touch Jade.

It's not exact, but probably the closest you will find in a mass produced spray can. If you're like me and don't like for your truck to look like the primered project that it technically is, and have relatively small areas to cover, this will do the job nicely until you get to the serious paint job.

The down side is, I think it may no longer be produced because I can't find it anywhere locally and people selling it want almost twice as much as other Painter's Touch colors. It still beats the price of the base/clear you can get in a spray can. I got some from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ ... touch+jade

I took pictures but it actually came out more blue looking in the pics. Plus my turquoise is dull and faded, anyway.
Lawrenceville, Ga
1961 F100 Unibody
318 Y-block (292 +.070 bore, +.170 stroke), FMS T5-Z w/Mustang 10.5" diaphragm clutch.
BiffWilley
United States of America

Re: Cheap, almost caribean turquoise touch up paint.

Post by BiffWilley »

Nice find man. I will be anxious to hear how it holds up. This is exactly what I've been looking for on my interior! Thanks for sharing!
charliemccraney

I don't know if I would use it for the entire interior. Like I said, it's not quite a match so if you do the interior with it and then have the outside painted the right color, it will not match. You definitely will see the difference. I think it is good for a "close enough" temporary coating.

There is also a significant difference in the cost for real car paint and I am certain the real stuff will be better in the long run.
Lawrenceville, Ga
1961 F100 Unibody
318 Y-block (292 +.070 bore, +.170 stroke), FMS T5-Z w/Mustang 10.5" diaphragm clutch.
charliemccraney

I got it out of the garage today and the camera works better in natural light. Looks much better than primer or another color that isn't even close.

For reference, you can see the same spot in satin black:

Lawrenceville, Ga
1961 F100 Unibody
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

If someone is just looking to touch up nicks or small scratches, there's always women's nail polish. Lasts really long and available in a million colors.
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning