cab roofs

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ghostflamed66

cab roofs

Post by ghostflamed66 »

I am looking at a 65 f350 with a dump bed on it. It has a 64 style cab with the steps inside the door. The cab roof and drivers door is caved in, due to a tree falling on it. I have a 66 cab roof and doors, and was wondering if they would interchange.
The truck has the wide opening front fenders, 352 engine with a 4 speed.
Also the round speedo anf 4 spoke steering wheel.
There is also what looks like a external mounted booster beside the master cylinder. The owner said it is a 65 but why thy 64 style cab.
I can get this truck for free so i will get it.
Thanks for the help and i will get pictures up when i get it home.
Thanks,
Wes
64 4x4 with tilt front end
65 f100
66 f100
66 ranger
66 fairlane 500
MattsIASlickShop

Post by MattsIASlickShop »

the roof will work, just need to cut both cabs the same. It will really mess up
the "professionals" that will see the dash and steps then see the later roof. Nobody else will even notice (if done right) pics, we need pics... :lol:
douglloyd

Big truck vs little truck

Post by douglloyd »

My '66 F-350 also has the cab you are describing. Steps in the floor, wide front fenders, vacuum booster on the master brake cylinder, round gauges. I think it is less to do with '64 styling and more to do with the front axle on the heavier trucks. Your '65 F-350 will probably have a straight axle in front, and the cab design and fenders go with this.

Somebody straighten me out if I'm way off, but I have four '66 Ford trucks - all the 1/2 tons are identical and the F-350 is completely different.
Slick Fan

Re: Big truck vs little truck

Post by Slick Fan »

douglloyd wrote:My '66 F-350 also has the cab you are describing. Steps in the floor, wide front fenders, vacuum booster on the master brake cylinder, round gauges. I think it is less to do with '64 styling and more to do with the front axle on the heavier trucks. Your '65 F-350 will probably have a straight axle in front, and the cab design and fenders go with this.

Somebody straighten me out if I'm way off, but I have four '66 Ford trucks - all the 1/2 tons are identical and the F-350 is completely different.

That's what I've seen to be the norm also. :iagree:
'65 & '66 F350's (and larger) had the '64 style basic cab, presumably because of frame mounting & steering differences.
'65 & '66 F250 4x4's also had the same basic cab inside, like this example...

My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!