cab mounts

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jtrammell

cab mounts

Post by jtrammell »

Can anyone help me with deminsions for 1961 cab mounts?I know you can purchase them . However I dont see why I couldent make them.I am having to make so much of the rest of the cab that is not avalable I figured why not save the cash.My truck was and is so badly ravaged by northen salt I dont have much to go on.The cab mounts appear very simple I would just like some starting deminsions. :?:
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

One of our members made his own cab mounts & also improved them over the factory style, to not trap dirt & moisture.

Hopefully he'll come along with pics soon. :D

Welcome to the site! :welcome:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
jtrammell

Post by jtrammell »

Thanks for the reply I am watching . So hopfullyhe will pickup on this thread
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

I made my own mounts but unfortunately they're for a 65-66 cab, 61 - 64 are completely different. I made mine out out 11 guage steel. shame yours is so far gone. I take that your need floor pans too. Maybe you keep the back bolts in, cut out your old mounts, jack up the front if you need and just improvise some new mounts, I made templates out of thin cardboard, they only have to connect the floor to the frame. I would think they would be easier than the 65-66 mounts. BTW welcome to the club.
Charlie

[albumimg]1130[/albumimg]
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
jtrammell

Post by jtrammell »

thanks .That is actually the way I am planing on building them. I am unsure of the distance from the frame to cab. And for the record they are completly gone. carrosion got under the under coating and ate everything.I already patched the foor pans ,middle rear section of the cab,next is the back lower wall of the cab.Then the entire floor of the bed.Yes this a very dawnting task but my wife gave it to me and I am now challenged.Hopfully I will get the bits and pieces all along the way
MattsIASlickShop

Post by MattsIASlickShop »

this is the site i was thinking about, probably the one referenced. good description of how he did it.
http://myweb.cableone.net/jusatad/CabMount/HowTo.htm
PM me, I think I have an autocad drawing similar to it with dimensions.
roygar

Post by roygar »

Try this site. http://myweb.cableone.net/jusatad/CabMount/HowTo.htm
I need to make a pair myself for my 62 Uni.
Roy
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

The mounts in that link look top notch! :thumright:

66fordtrucknut wrote:I made my own mounts but unfortunately they're for a 65-66 cab, 61 - 64 are completely different. I made mine out out 11 guage steel. shame yours is so far gone. I take that your need floor pans too. Maybe you keep the back bolts in, cut out your old mounts, jack up the front if you need and just improvise some new mounts, I made templates out of thin cardboard, they only have to connect the floor to the frame. I would think they would be easier than the 65-66 mounts. BTW welcome to the club.
Charlie

Sorry Charlie, you were the one I was thinking of, but I couldn't tie the fix to the member name. s_crazy5.gif
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

I got mine from Carolina Classics. Excellent quality. I have a '62.

The guy who welded mine in (and repaired my whole floor) made some modifications that should make them much less prone to rust. Basically he welded a nut inside the cab mount so that the bolt could be inserted from the bottom. So now the nut and threads are inside the mount, protected from the elements, and the cupped hole in the floor pan (where the bolt head used to be) has a patch welded over it.

So now there's no way for water to pool in that cup and seep into the cab mount. It also made it much easier to install the cab mount bolts.
jtrammell

Post by jtrammell »

Man I think you hit gold for me and really appreciate it. Thank you ! I have plenty of ammo to attack with.
GLindley

Post by GLindley »

MattsIASlickShop wrote:PM me, I think I have an autocad drawing similar to it with dimensions.

Matt, sent you a PM...
Gene
1961 Intregal cab SWB 223 (getting 302 & TIB)
1969 LWB 302 automatic (Donor for the '61)
2000 F150 XLT SWB (Daily Driver)
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Made my 62's mounts from 2" x 3" rectangular steel tubing, much stronger than stock. Pics in my album, cost about $10 for both of them and I had the shop cut them for me. jtrammel, I have a 64 cab here for sale that doesn't need mounts if you are interested, Omaha Ne area. It only needs cab corners and a small section of toe board patched, about 8" x 10".
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.