I think it's about time for new wheels for the Uni

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Greg D
United States of America

I think it's about time for new wheels for the Uni

Post by Greg D »

First off I like my red wheels with the chrome lugs but I want wider. I know I can get these wider too but they can be abit costly depending on the brand/type. Biggest problem with my red wheels is they just won't go with some of the color combinations I have in mind.
I am thinking of going with a all chrome reverse Smoothie or with the Rodmaster. The only thing I don't like about the chrome smoothie is it's just a little too much chrome for me, seems to hide the style of the wheel somewhat. I am definately wanting a traditional 60s look to the truck.

http://www.americanracing.com/browse_vintage.asp
Looking for some opinions so it's now time to hack up what Greg wants do with his Uni, lol.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

For that definite 60's look (other than chrome steelies), you can't go wrong with these. :thumright:

My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Phil

Post by Phil »

Slick Fan wrote:For that definite 60's look (other than chrome steelies), you can't go wrong with these. :thumright:

baller status. I'd do that^
Someday I'll get another slick :(
jeffw

wheels

Post by jeffw »

these are my combo choice,,[albumimg]2256[/albumimg] here is a close up,,[albumimg]2100[/albumimg] they are cheap,, 15/10s
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Can't go wrong with these
One size fits all. :wink:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Truckrat
United States of America

traditional wheels

Post by Truckrat »

:thumright: Greg, I have always liked the Torque Thrust with the polished rims and dark spokes myself, along with the saltflat specials, and the Torque Thrust IIs. It's all personal preference really, but the chrome smoothies do look good.
Check with Wheel Vintiques, they have a selection of smoothies with all powder coated wheels, Chrome rim and painted centers, and a lot of different combinations of center caps and rings. TR
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

I have looked at Wheel Vintiques wheels, $$$$$. US Wheel makes a chrome or white painted Smoothie for about 1/2 the cost per wheel though, just doesn't have the "windows", they are like the American Racing Smoothie.
I looked at the Salt Flat too, I just can't picture them on my truck.
Torque Thrust, gray spokes for sure on those but they are too popular, I did consider them though and they aren't a no yet. This is why I was looking at the Rodmaster.
The color combination I decide for on the truck will make a difference too, some just won't look right with a smoothie to me. No the truck won't be white when I am done with it.
Keep posting though, still thinking.

1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

Cam L Milan,
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

greg, if you decide to go with the chrome smoothies, i have a set of four that i am selling. i'd say that the style i have (15x8 3.5 bs), you'd want two of what i have for the rears and then two standard offsets for the fronts. i'm asking 140 for a pair or 250 for all four. they literally have almost no miles on them. i could even meet you halfway for delivery.

always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

ezernut9mm wrote:greg, if you decide to go with the chrome smoothies, i have a set of four that i am selling. i'd say that the style i have (15x8 3.5 bs), you'd want two of what i have for the rears and then two standard offsets for the fronts. i'm asking 140 for a pair or 250 for all four. they literally have almost no miles on them. i could even meet you halfway for delivery.

I will definately keep this in mind.

1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

Cam L Milan,
Red62Uni

Post by Red62Uni »

i got to agree with johnny canuck torq thrusts are great i have them (argent ones_) on my 68 stang and i love the chrome ones for the uni if my wheels werent free (off my dads 91 f150) thats what i would go with. but ezernut9mm wheels seem like a sweet deal. just my opinion
1962 F-100 Unibody All Original minus repaint
65 Mustang Fastback
68 Mustang Coupe (my baby)
79 Trans Am
Z-MAN

Post by Z-MAN »

[albumimg]2684[/albumimg]

Still one of favorites

Z
dotcentral

Post by dotcentral »

Like a lot of the guys here, I prefer the 60's look in wheels.

I'm considering smoothies like ezernut9mm is selling for my 71. By the way ezernut9mm, what brand & size tires are those, and how do you like them?
Driver: 71 F100 Shortbed: Disc swap, 5.0 HO EFI & AOD
Project Vehicle/Mild Custom: 66 F100 CC longbed: Sold
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Dot, if you want ezzer's wheels go for it. I would keep them in mind but would likely still go with the painted rim if I go smoothies.

1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

Cam L Milan,
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

dotcentral wrote:Like a lot of the guys here, I prefer the 60's look in wheels.

I'm considering smoothies like ezernut9mm is selling for my 71. By the way ezernut9mm, what brand & size tires are those, and how do you like them?

they are firestone firehawk indy 500s. 255/60-r15. i don't think they make them anymore. i just took the truck on a 250 mile round trip and they rode out good. very quiet, smooth, no vibrations, etc. i'm pretty happy with them so far.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.