OK you Canadians !

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

foodstick

OK you Canadians !

Post by foodstick »

How come I had to find out CORNER GAS made a movie on my own? I really think you guys should have kept us more informed on that ! ;)
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Re: OK you Canadians !

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Lance they probably thought you`d see that easy, there's nothing blocking your view :lol:
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
mercuryv8
Canada

Post by mercuryv8 »

Here it was only in theaters for a week or so. I didn't get a chance to go see it. :|

Nic
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

I hadn't even heard rumors of it coming out, some of the guys recommended the tv show years ago.. I liked the series...
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

The Canadian network premiere is tomorrow (Wednesday) on CTV, so I'll try catch it then. :)

I seem to remember there being talk of a movie as soon as the series officially ended. There was a weird period afterward where the Corner Gas/Ruby building was still standing, but the "Ruby" signage had been removed.

There was also an odd security guard person who lived behind it in a travel trailer and chased off tourists who got too close. The building itself was in disrepair too as it was only used as a prop for the exterior shots. Interiors were mostly shot in Regina at the now-defunct sound stage, which is a controversy in itself.

The signage is back up now, although the building that was the "FOO MAR T" in the show burned down recently. :(
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

Sorry Lance, I think it had a Wednesday to Sunday screening in the only a few of the bigger cities. I knew they were making a movie for awhile. Apparently there are a bunch of cameos in it. Not sure who, but a bet its good. On a side note, I drove through "Dog River, SK" when I went to slickstock in 2012. Was kind of a nice surprise.

btw, Corner Gas is what we call reality TV up here. That's as real as she comes!!!
Mark

The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

^Oscar Leroy = everyone's dad, ever. :lol:
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

Oscar is the man !
The Big M
Canada