Bedcover ideas???

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

dwbr

Post by dwbr »

when i was younger i made a frame out of 1/4x1/2 angle iron around the inside of the bed, then i got 3/4 in plywood and cut it to fit inside the bed in 2 sections, then i drilled holes in the angle iron tak welded some 1/4 in bolts in drilled matching holes in the playwood, wrapped the plywood in some vynal like they use on morocycle seats with a thin layer of padding on it, used wing nuts to hold it down, we could lay on top of it at the Drive in Movies or remove it easily if needed, i had access to stainless material , it never rusted and looked good to,ill see if i can dig some pics
________
buy glass bong
Last edited by dwbr on February 6, 2011, 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fmartin_gila

Post by fmartin_gila »

Doc,
You looked at what I had to do to cover the bed on mine, you might do something along the lines of the Silver Shield. Would be a lot lower, about to the bottom of the rear window.
While messing in the garage, I found one of those airgate things that I took of of another old pickup I had. If you want it, just let me know, and you could pick it up next trip through or some other arrangement. I don't get down there anymore.
Fred
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Doc, go to your local topper/truck accesories store. There are several companies out there that make an aluminum framed soft tonneu, can be gotten hinged for a small additional price. These can be made to order for about the same $ as a standard size for a late model truck. Comes in aversoin tha leaves the frame on the bed and rolls up, range of colors too.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
fmartin_gila

Post by fmartin_gila »

Doc,
Do call when you want to pass thru, maybe we can have a meet.

I have given some thought to a rear support, now that it is pretty well finalized.

Fred
1966 Ford

Post by 1966 Ford »

I put one on my 66 if you look in my gallery it is my tribute to the troops in our military. I have less than $40 invested in it but a lot of time involved.
1966 Custom Cab
1967 Fairlane Ranchero