65 cab 62 uni frame?

Got a helpful tip or trick related to your slick? Please share...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

luckystiff
United States of America

65 cab 62 uni frame?

Post by luckystiff »

got something in my mind and didn't see a deff answer in the posted info.

will a 65 cab mount to the 62 frame if 65 style mounts are sourced? floor or step issues?

heres where i'm at i have the jag swapped 62 uni bbw that is RUSTY. it needs floors, rockers, steps, and a whole bunch that that stuff connects to fabbed. i have a NICE 65 cab/clip. i've been flipping the south american cab/bed thing for a while. it'd actually take less effort than doing all the fab the big window needs and honestly the big window doesn't mean much to me and could be sold to someone who desires it more. my time in the garage the last year or so i almost zero. i work 50-60hrs a week and spend 3hrs or so a day commuting to/from. local branch is supposed to open soon and i may gain the commute time as the local is 4 miles from the house....

i'm in the solid 65 for very little money. the floors/cab mounts/steps/rockers i've bought to fix the big window cost about twice as much as the solid 65 cab......
LM14
United States of America

Re: 65 cab 62 uni frame?

Post by LM14 »

The floors and mounts on the 65-66 cabs are totally different.

The frame/front suspension./steering in the 65-66 is totally different.

Early steering comes thru the firewall close to the floor pan at a more severe angle and later steering comes thru the firewall much higher up with a more horizontal steering column.

That said, If you have the '65 cab on hand and the uni frame is bare, sit it on the frame and see what it will take to mount it up. My guess is you will have to totally build frame/cab mounts from scratch to marry the 2. I've had a '66 and working on a '62 now and I don't see much in common between the 2 when you are laying underneath them looking up.

SPark
1932 Ford 5 window coupe. 302/C4
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was
2013 F150 Super Crew Eco Boost 4x4
2015 Ford Edge for the little lady, because she said so!
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6-3V/5 Speed. Only 8680 miles on the clock.

More toys, I need more toys!!!
luckystiff
United States of America

Post by luckystiff »

suspension doesn't matter as it's already jag swapped. steering will be handled via an aftermarket column.

i am more curious is a set of cab mounts from a 65-66 frame added to the 62 frame would put me on the right path or if it's making mounts.

several people passed on the uni before i picked it up because of the rust it has despite it being a big window. i grabbed it cheap because at the time i had time to invest. did the suspension first and then took the new job that leaves little time to put into all the rust repair.

yeah finding a solid 61-64 cab would be better. and i may call thom at flashback to see if he's got a useable 61-64 cab that we might could work a trade on since he's only a coupla hours away. the 65 cab surely needs to find a use as it's nice and has paper to go with it.......
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

if your not afraid of fab and welding it can be done
i did the reverse putting a 65 f350 cab on a 72 f259 4x4 frame
took the front cab mounts from the 65 and put on the 72 frame
had some dash cut for the later steering column no big deal and had to make a new floor cover for the column hole
rear cab mounts line up fine nothing needed there

1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

I was gonna say if you want the high truck look It can prolly be done easier than if you are trying to go low...