Gettin ready for SlickStock

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Sportinlife
United States of America

Gettin ready for SlickStock

Post by Sportinlife »

Day 296. Here are some photos of my truck build taken 296 days before SlickStock. The front end I am installing is a 1996 Lexus SC300. It is 63 inches wide and fits the frame perfectly. It clears the 223 oil pan with about 2 inches to spare.
The Lexus front end has gotten a bad rap because parts are expensive. I found one in good shape and plan on going to the junkyard when it needs parts, if it ever does.
The wheels are Mustang replicas and are 17x8 with 4 1/2 inches backspacing. Bolt pattern is 5 on 4 1/2. The 17" wheel size is needed to clear the brakes. The tires are 235/55R17 and are 27" tall ( 1 inch shorter than 235/75R15s).They are commonly found on SUVs and should be available almost anywhere.
I have always thought that the front wheels look a little far rearward in the wheel wells, so I left the fenders on for the fit-up and slid the front end back and forth until it looked right to me.

Too far forward:

Image[/URL]

Too far back:

Image[/URL]

Just Right:

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Slammed:

Image[/URL]

The front end on the ground:

Image[/URL]

Next is to square it up and drill and sleeve the mounting holes, then mount the rear of the lower trailing arms.
1964 F100 Flareside, "The agricultural sport coupe"
jkimbrel65
United States of America

Re: Gettin ready for SlickStock

Post by jkimbrel65 »

Good luck with your build. 296 will pass quick :D

Mike
I tried being normal once...
was the worst 10 minutes of my life