Crown Vic frt suspension. Oops!!!

Got a helpful tip or trick related to your slick? Please share...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Ford blue blood

Post by Ford blue blood »

Info on year(s) and pics?
Many great Fords,
Bill
Gary Seymour
United States of America

Post by Gary Seymour »

Does this Diplomat front end have opposed torsion bars? A friend of mine is bulding a '50 Dodge truck and has an Imperial parts car he's using for engine/trans/front suspension. It has disks/rack and pinion/independant front with the torsion bars opposed and it looks like a real sweet little package to do a swap with.
oldfordcoupe
United States of America

cv frontend

Post by oldfordcoupe »

i just installed a cv front end in my 65 i don't have any pic. right now but in sits a lot lower. with a 65/66 you have to cut the whole front end cross member out and there is a lot to remove but mines in also i have a built 351 from a fairlane that i have thats going in the truck that i'm about to install when i freshen up pit later when i find out how to show them...
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

Gary Seymour wrote:Does this Diplomat front end have opposed torsion bars? A friend of mine is bulding a '50 Dodge truck and has an Imperial parts car he's using for engine/trans/front suspension. It has disks/rack and pinion/independant front with the torsion bars opposed and it looks like a real sweet little package to do a swap with.

The Diplomat front suspension was carried over from the Volare, so it will have the same pros and cons.

http://www.allpar.com/model/dodge-diplomat.html