Finally, some progress.

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

BarnieTrk

Re: Finally, some progress.

Post by BarnieTrk »

Corey,

How has your progress been going?

Regarding your earlier questions:
I'm not real sure that the geometry of your OE brake pedal would work well with the power disc brake setup from the '78. I wouldn't assume, I'd ask around to be sure it'll work. Same goes with the speedo cable..... not sure, but I wouldn't assume it will.

Regarding switching to a 3.08 rear gear set; it's my understanding that the lowest available gear set for your DANA 60 rear end housing would be a 3.54 ratio. I'm not too sure if it would be worth the $$ and work to do it. It would likely depend on how easy & cheaply you can get the gears swapped out......

BarnieTrk
MN66
United States of America

Re: Finally, some progress.

Post by MN66 »

Hey BarnieTrk,
Thanks for asking, I started a build thread that I've been updating. Unfortunately the updates never show up in the "recent topics" section of the home page, so you have to go looking for them under "new posts".

I've decided to keep the NP435 and I'm looking for a clutch kit to put in. I'm interested to hear what others have used for clutch kits on their trucks.

I've also decided, after snapping an ear off one of my exhaust flanges, to have my head surfaces reworked. I had the ear welded back on and it looks ok. I'll bolt up the headers before I spend any money on machining the heads to be sure that the weld holds. I still need to pull my valves to see if it needs a valve job.

I plan to pull the crank, pistons and cam shaft to make sure everything is clean. If I see major problems, then I'll need to decide if it's worth reworking the 352, or if I need to start tearing down the spare 390 to see what shape it's in.

On the 3.08 rearend, I have a Dana 61 "Mileage maker" from a 78 F250. I need to open it up to see how it looks, but I'm hoping that I'll just need new drums and brake shoes, etc. I've never moved spring perches, but have read a few good how-to's so I think I can get it done.

Here's the link to my build thread. No progress this week since I'm stuck in Florida rather than weathering a blizzard back home.

http://slick60s.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=35384

Regards,
Corey
1966 F250 LWB