Dash paint color codes

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

matt2491

Dash paint color codes

Post by matt2491 »

Anyone know the color codes for the light blue and white two tone dash?

Just driving my truck.
mercuryv8
Canada

Re: Dash paint color codes

Post by mercuryv8 »

Was it a separate option to get the two tone dash? My two tone truck has a single colour dash.

Sorry to hijack, someone who knows will chime in soon about the paint codes I'm sure.

Nic
unibody madness
United States of America

Post by unibody madness »

The dash should match the color of your truck Depending on the year thw white would be Corinthian White or Colonial White.
Your vin should hold the secret
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
BarnieTrk

Post by BarnieTrk »

:dontknow:
matt2491 wrote:Anyone know the color codes for the light blue and white two tone dash?

Matt,
What year Slick do you have?
Does it have the optional / rare steering column with the invisible shifter?

BarnieTrk :wink: :dontknow:
Roger Carter
United States of America

Post by Roger Carter »

The '66 I have as my avatar is a Custom Cab and originally had a two tone dash. The colors were the same as the exterior, turquoise and off white, and appeared to have been painted at the same tine as the truck.

Perhaps the two tone dash was part of the two tone CC package?
Roger Carter
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

Roger Carter wrote:Perhaps the two tone dash was part of the two tone CC package?
i think so ,at least on the earlier trucks.
later ones may have the padded dash as part of the cc package although i have seen lots of non cc's with the padd
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
BarnieTrk

Post by BarnieTrk »

ICEMAN6166 wrote:
Roger Carter wrote:Perhaps the two tone dash was part of the two tone CC package?
i think so ,at least on the earlier trucks.
later ones may have the padded dash as part of the cc package although i have seen lots of non cc's with the padd
I think you're correct there, Brian.

Regarding the padded dash, I think it was first offered on '65 models.

I'm not sure on the '61-'64 models, but with the '65/'66 models, my understanding is that even if you ordered the Custom Cab (CC) package, you could still delete items from the package - OR - if you didn't want to order the CC package, you could order any combination of item(s) from the the CC list of items as a separate option and simply add it to the standard cab order. :2cents:

BarnieTrk
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

BarnieTrk wrote:Regarding the padded dash, I think it was first offered on '65 models.
its shown in my 61 factory manual, but i personally have never seen one in early slicks.
1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
matt2491

Post by matt2491 »

Haha, yes, I have the super rare invisible shift lever.

It's a '64 F100 2wd. According to my VIN, the paint code 'VM' is for Academy Blue and Wimbledon White.
Just driving my truck.
BarnieTrk

Post by BarnieTrk »

ICEMAN6166 wrote:
BarnieTrk wrote:Regarding the padded dash, I think it was first offered on '65 models.
its shown in my 61 factory manual, but i personally have never seen one in early slicks.
Interesting.

I'm sure I haven't seen as many Slicks as many others here, but I'll state that I have not seen a '61-'64 Slick with a factory padded dash.

ANYONE here ever see a '61-'64 Slick with a factory padded dash?

BarnieTrk
1964WVFORD
United States of America

Post by 1964WVFORD »

The original xl100 drag pickup shows one in it and it is a 1963.
BarnieTrk

Post by BarnieTrk »

1964WVFORD wrote:The original xl100 drag pickup shows one in it and it is a 1963.
Yeah, I admit, I thought of that truck - but I think most would agree that truck was "so much off the beaten path of production" that I'm not going to consider it as an example of what was 'available' from the option list to the rest of the truck buying world. As I recall, that particular truck was also depicted with a vinyl top too...... a feature I'm not considering as "normally offered or available" to the masses.....just as the 427 wasn't to be found on the commonly-offered Slicks option list.

But for the sake of clarity, I'll restate:
Has ANYONE here ever see a '61-'64 Slick with a factory padded dash - besides the '63 XL100 truck?

BarnieTrk
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

I have a 63 custom cab. two tone dash- rangoon red and driftwood grey. No dash pad.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

BarnieTrk wrote:
1964WVFORD wrote:The original xl100 drag pickup shows one in it and it is a 1963.
Yeah, I admit, I thought of that truck - but I think most would agree that truck was "so much off the beaten path of production" that I'm not going to consider it as an example of what was 'available' from the option list to the rest of the truck buying world. As I recall, that particular truck was also depicted with a vinyl top too...... a feature I'm not considering as "normally offered or available" to the masses.....just as the 427 wasn't to be found on the commonly-offered Slicks option list.

But for the sake of clarity, I'll restate:
Has ANYONE here ever see a '61-'64 Slick with a factory padded dash - besides the '63 XL100 truck?

BarnieTrk
to answer that ,other that the xl,no i personally have not

however from the 61 parts and accessories book a part #
C1TB-810490 (pad only)
C1TB8104200-A - kit including the following
pad
3 moldings
20 retainer clips
cement

in addition the code A01 for the pad (black)

guessing not many people ordered this option as back in the day trucks were working beasts, not fancy living rooms on wheels like today
dont remember many cars of that vintage , falcon, fairlane to name a couple i owned that had dash pads either

however if they were listed in the accessories they were made. and not just the one on the xl.

wondering if they came on the 64 ranger from the factory
1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

mercuryv8 wrote:Was it a separate option to get the two tone dash? My two tone truck has a single colour dash.

Sorry to hijack, someone who knows will chime in soon about the paint codes I'm sure.

Nic
Mine is a Custom Cab and has the two-tone dash as well, but the white on the lower part of the dash doesn't transition into the doors on both sides. So I suspect either one of my doors was swapped out at some point, or the entire truck was repainted inside and out and someone made a boo-boo.

What does it say on your VIN tag under "Trim Code", Nic?
mercuryv8
Canada

Post by mercuryv8 »

The Big M wrote:
mercuryv8 wrote:Was it a separate option to get the two tone dash? My two tone truck has a single colour dash.

Nic
Mine is a Custom Cab and has the two-tone dash as well, but the white on the lower part of the dash doesn't transition into the doors on both sides. So I suspect either one of my doors was swapped out at some point, or the entire truck was repainted inside and out and someone made a boo-boo.

What does it say on your VIN tag under "Trim Code", Nic?
https://goo.gl/photos/YDywXru2UsEKjJJW9

trim code: 03
Paint: 2PW

Thank-you
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

Cool, I'll have to check what mine is to compare.
jjim7

Post by jjim7 »

My uncle had a 1962 with a padded dash. The truck was two tone black and white with a black padded dash. It also had the big wrap around rear window. Nice looking truck, I learned to drive in it. Now you know how I got here.
Jim
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

My '63 F350 has the padded dash, and I have no reason to believe it was added later. Probably pretty un-common on the f350's.
BTW, the two tone did not "spill over" on the later Custom Cab doors.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
BarnieTrk

Post by BarnieTrk »

jjim7 wrote:My uncle had a 1962 with a padded dash. The truck was two tone black and white with a black padded dash. It also had the big wrap around rear window. Nice looking truck, I learned to drive in it. Now you know how I got here.
VERY cool, Jim! Thanks for sharing that information! Just for the record, do you recall if your uncle's '62 was a F100, F250 or ?
Toyz wrote:My '63 F350 has the padded dash, and I have no reason to believe it was added later. Probably pretty un-common on the f350's. BTW, the two tone did not "spill over" on the later Custom Cab doors. Paul
Paul, Thanks for sharing your padded dash info! What is the color of your '63 F350s dash pad? I would guess the pad color is black?

I have an idea that may be interesting: Rather than highjack this thread, I will start another thread regarding Slicks with factory dash pads - Jim, Paul, and anyone else interested please go: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35503

BarnieTrk