New steel bed floor sections coming!

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Jerry D wrote: (I think some of the ribs are continuous and some aren't), as the ribs would all have to be the same.

Yep, there's breaks in some of the ribs...

If I could get mine to look like either one of those two, I'd be one HAPPY camper! :woohoo:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
needmoretime

Post by needmoretime »

Please go back to the first post in this thread and read! Carolina Classics is looking for feedback! feedback.gif He has not jumped in with both feet yet because of the enormous investment. You know not everyone will be satisfied but your feedback helps with decisions that ultimatly affect our model trucks. Start a survey and give the results to Rick. This is the only group that is out here in force. While your at it ask for other parts to be considered!

Thanks,

W
Yellardawg

Post by Yellardawg »

I'd prefer that the sections be front, middle and back instead of drivers side, middle and passengers side.

But, I am glad that someone is considering the 65-66 bed metal.
greaseland

Post by greaseland »

Count me in for all three sections as well. My bed floor is in pretty rough shape.

ME
Max Ehrlich

66 F100 Custom Cab Long Bed
jwh f-100
United States of America

Post by jwh f-100 »

Well I failed scoring a good floor so I have been thinking alot about this.

I called Rick to give my input and ask a few questions. After speaking with him I think this would be a great product. If anyone is interested don't hesitate to call. Rick seems to be a great guy and, as needmoretime states above, Rick is looking for Input before he jumps into this.

If they do manufacture these they will be left, right, and center sections rather than front, center and rear. They are also strongly considering just a two peice set up, right and left. They will have a "lap joint" to connect. I believe with the lap joint it would not be difficult to connect with epoxy or just some stitch welds on the bottom side.
Comet

Post by Comet »

DV65CustomCab wrote:
Comet wrote:JC Whitney already sells 1/2 sections. That market is taken care of.

Not so fast.
I believe those a 'generic' bed floors, and the contours do not match those found in the factory bed.

Yes, you are correct about the JC Whitney parts. But no where in the original post does it say it's Slick or even Ford specific. Given the patch panel configuration, I seriously doubt it will be in a factory configuration. If it is, then I still want a full 4x8 sheet. I am ok with a generic corrugated look as long as the pattern of corrugation is close to OEMs. I see so many alum. or flat steel beds in really nice trucks, I can't help but think the market is there for a full size sheet, even with freight costing what it does. I know I would sign up.
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

I like my 1/8" flat steel bed. I don't always agree with what the "factory" does nor do I believe them to always be "correct". They're people just like us.
Jim