1 beautiful 1956 COE

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

1 beautiful 1956 COE

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

personally I have seen this truck in the building stages to finished truck, First time was when the only thing on the floor was the chassis, every rivet was replaced and painted with red devil chassis paint, he had a used engine but then found with 175 miles and trans was brand new, anything that was chrome was sent to replaced and duplicated it into stainless steel, some of the items on the boxes etc. where built by the same MFG. that does work at that time for the space shuttle and some parts used on this truck, the stainless steel box was built by Great Dane and I remember Billy staying at the plant for weeks watching it getting built, the rear fenders are actually 4 of the 53 to 79 flair side that where cut and stretched to fit this truck, besides having a winch inside ,the rear door is electrical as well, Oh yes that is stainless steel exhaust under her as well. Like I said I have seen this truck in many different stages every time we went to his place, I know nothing was cut short on this truck because Billy was not that type of person. He has a vision and this was it, I know years ago Laura told Kathy he had 250,000 in it and was not finished yet,, We still get a Christmas Card from his wife, I was able to get some small items for Billy, when building, Billy built a garage for this truck so the floor was 100% level so all the boxes where perfect leveled once truck was almost done, at the top of the garage in the roof was a hookup for the stacks so truck can get warmed up inside,, Billy did get to drive once, was then having insurance issues last time I saw him at Carlisle,, more than once I call Laura < wife > thanking her for knowing Billy since he helped us a lot as well as well as calling us one day out of the Blue and asking us if we wanted his Spring Carlisle Spaces which are prime, and jumped on that with no money exchange/transfer fee since we both knew each other and quick phone call, I still have a set of NOS Mercury Letters for upper grill panel in our safe he gave us

https://tommackclassics.com/156-1956-fo ... r-carrier/

Now with a truck like this what can you use it for ????
be afraid to drive it,, would need to be sure I have Billy's notes since going to need it if it breaks down might need it
insurance , going to be high
price tag going to be high doubt a museum will by it cause of the value,, maybe Ford then the price tag on shipping
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
Lowell
United States of America

Re: 1 beautiful 1956 COE

Post by Lowell »

I wonder how noisy it is with that cummins under the seat?
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Re: 1 beautiful 1956 COE

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

somebody got a good deal, on a sad :( note that is sold for only 56,000 with a investment of 250,000+ that it cost to build so it shows just how much money you put in a truck, you will never get it back and that's why vehicles are so way over priced cause trying to get their money back that they got screwed on overpriced labor
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo