I Now Own The F-600

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

chris401
United States of America

I Now Own The F-600

Post by chris401 »

I found a large two speed single axle truck. It still has the Clark 5 speed but the 300 I6 was pulled by the machine shop that owns it. Assuming the 300 was factory along with the plain round speedometer bezel that would be a 65/6 right? If this truck was originally built this way what Clark model would typically have been installed in a 300 Six two speed axle truck? The shifter knob is labeled like this:
2 4 R
3 5 1

There are also some mirrors and a few other parts. PM me your number and I will call when I check out the truck in a couple of weeks.
Thanks,
Last edited by chris401 on February 14, 2019, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
FarmMotorSports
United States of America

Re: Clark Question And F-500 (?) Parts Truck Found

Post by FarmMotorSports »

The best way I know to for sure is by the tag near the rear of the Trany. Possibly decoding the door tag if there is a trans code, and it's original trans and door... I show 4 possible Clark's
Let us know what you find...
I'll decide it for you...
61 F250 Unibody
5.9 Ford Diesel / Allison
Disk brake straight axle
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

FarmMotorSports wrote:The best way I know to for sure is by the tag near the rear of the Trany. Possibly decoding the door tag if there is a trans code, and it's original trans and door... I show 4 possible Clark's
Let us know what you find...
I'll decide it for you...
Thanks for the offer, I will let you know what I find. The driver door mechanisim was broke and I was not dressed to scrape the transmission tag. I could see the right side bell to transmission bolt pattern was a normal square spread. Didn't have the one high bolt on the bottom. I am shooting for two weeks to go back out there. If the tag is gone off the transmission I will pop the door open. Going to drop the drive shaft and count the turns also. A 262V would be exactly what I am looking for.
Chris
FarmMotorSports
United States of America

A 262VO would be exactly what I'm looking for... road trip toTexas!

I would imagine a 300 6 would be backed by a V not VO... good luck!
61 F250 Unibody
Disk brake straight axle
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

FarmMotorSports wrote:A 262VO would be exactly what I'm looking for... road trip toTexas!

I would imagine a 300 6 would be backed by a V not VO... good luck!
You added the O but I am not looking for an OD. If it is an overdrive I will probably still get it and re sell it to you.

EDIT: Would be nice to haul it off for free. I am thinking $500 max would be what an overdrive is worth. What have you found?
Chris
FarmMotorSports
United States of America

That's in the upper range.

But depends on how much excitement you can stir over on the hamb. There are few threads on how to ID, find and install a Clark OD Tran's, their $$$ fluctuates along with who and how many are asking at a given time... and over there it's who can use the oddest arrangement of unicorn parts to build something.

IMHO they are great for a 3/4 or BIGGER, 2wd or 4wd project with big power and tires... like tow trucks, car haulers, and COE projects, otherwise weight and size is just overkill for what you are getting.
61 F250 Unibody
Disk brake straight axle
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

A member here posted 5 and 6 series fit under the Slick cabs. I have a couple of add on overdrive's already. The 262V has some good ratios for a 3.54 axle. Basically I keep the 4 axle speeds I have with the NP435 and 4.10 Dana with 5th direct being 3.54. Depending on the model 4th gear I will have 4.24 or so axle and will be able to add overdrive or direct with a load. Depending on which OD I use 3.54 will be 2.83 or 2.55 when running empty. Unless I am running 80 mph it won't be so great with the 352. The 430 MEL will be at home with those RPMs.
Chris
Blackwaterforge

Post by Blackwaterforge »

I would be interested in bellhousing.
If it cain't be fixed with a sledge hammer it must be an electrical problem!
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

Blackwaterforge wrote:I would be interested in bellhousing.
The I 6 bell is yours if I get it with the transmission. I will have an extra FE/FT bell with fork left over if anyone wants it. No flywheel or clutch.
Chris
Blackwaterforge

Post by Blackwaterforge »

Thank you
Let me know if you get it.
Would like to have fork as well
If it cain't be fixed with a sledge hammer it must be an electrical problem!
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

Would the truck be worth $500? I know it is hard to say with out seeing it. I was thinking of offering some cash or trade for the whole thing. Just about complete cab and chassis with no engine or radiator. The PTO is there and it's driveshaft goes to something, I didn't look at what. Mirriors looked like they have never hit anything. The driver finder has some damage right above the hub. Electric two speed rear end and has all six tires. Any opinions?
Thanks
Chris
chris401
United States of America

Re: I Now Own The F-600

Post by chris401 »

chris401 wrote:I found a large two speed single axle truck. It still has the Clark 5 speed but the 300 I6 was pulled by the machine shop that owns it. Assuming the 300 was factory along with the plain round speedometer bezel that would be a 65/6 right? If this truck was originally built this way what Clark model would typically have been installed in a 300 Six two speed axle truck? The shifter knob is labeled like this:
2 4 R
3 5 1

There are also some mirrors and a few other parts. PM me your number and I will call when I check out the truck in a couple of weeks.
Thanks,
It does not have a title but it did have a Clark 265V which was one of my second choices. I would like to deliver the rest of the truck to a new home or part out what is left. I messaged Farmmotorsports the warranty tag, I will post the specs.

EDIT: Truck is currently in Roswell, New Mexico but I can haul it.
Chris
FarmMotorSports
United States of America

Didn't get a PM on here....

You can post a few snapshots here, and see if it sparks interest in the leftovers... the big front fenders look good on a 4X4 with big tires. The hood will work for them all. And the cab would make a good donor for a 4X4 with a bonus if it is a high roof. The behind the bumper panel, under the grill is a big one for the 4X4's..
61 F250 Unibody
Disk brake straight axle
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

Here is part of what I e-mailed to you.

The warranty tag is F60DK325809

174 M F600 81A J F2
17,000 153 3600 51

The transmission is a 265V. Does that match the door tag?
Thanks
Last edited by chris401 on February 17, 2019, 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
FarmMotorSports
United States of America

NOT a speed limiter , two speed Axel compensated speedometer cable.

174" wheel base
M Corinthian white, often resprayed over for fleet vehicles
F600 no explanation needed
81A cab trim level , standard cab?
J 5-speed M/D Clark 250 direct(m/d =medium duty) direct- no over drive
F2 2-speed rear Axel 6.33/8.81 15M duty rating
17,000 gvr
153 HP ( 300 6cyl ?)
@3600 RPM
51?? district sales office

Does that tell you what you wanted...
61 F250 Unibody
Disk brake straight axle
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

FarmMotorSports wrote:NOT a speed limiter , two speed Axel compensated speedometer cable.

174" wheel base
M Corinthian white, often resprayed over for fleet vehicles
F600 no explanation needed
81A cab trim level , standard cab?
J 5-speed M/D Clark 250 direct(m/d =medium duty) direct- no over drive
F2 2-speed rear Axel 6.33/8.81 15M duty rating
17,000 gvr
153 HP ( 300 6cyl ?)
@3600 RPM
51?? district sales office

Does that tell you what you wanted...
Should have dawned on me that was for the two speed rear. The axle was the only thing I couldn't identify otherwise. Looks like I did good, the transmission was changed out at some point with a slightly deeper second.
Thanks again
Chris
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

What is consensus of the strength of 5 vs 6 series Clark? Eventuality a 1959 430 MEL will be in front of the Clark. The goal is 500+ lbs of torque as low as I can get it.
Chris
FarmMotorSports
United States of America

With what type of use?

20,000 lbs behind a 6000lb truck.
We know the original truck was rated at 17000 gvr.
And knowing that those ratings were abused on a regular basis in the real world by real people.

So my vote is yes it will be fine. Drive it like your paying the bills X2 and doing all the repairs when it sucks the most.

You're occasional towing, 44" tires, and the rare slam shift. It should survive a reasonable amount of abuse. I'd worry more about an over loaded trailer, in a panic someone else creates, jacknifing a truck that isn't heavy enough to control the weight behind it.

The younger generation has never learned to 'YELD TO TONNAGE!'
61 F250 Unibody
Disk brake straight axle
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

FarmMotorSports wrote:With what type of use?

20,000 lbs behind a 6000lb truck.
We know the original truck was rated at 17000 gvr.
And knowing that those ratings were abused on a regular basis in the real world by real people.

So my vote is yes it will be fine. Drive it like your paying the bills X2 and doing all the repairs when it sucks the most.

You're occasional towing, 44" tires, and the rare slam shift. It should survive a reasonable amount of abuse. I'd worry more about an over loaded trailer, in a panic someone else creates, jacknifing a truck that isn't heavy enough to control the weight behind it.

The younger generation has never learned to 'YELD TO TONNAGE!'
Useually the 65 F-250 2wd will be empty @ 4800 gvw. Just over 19000 gvw is the heaviest I have been with this truck. Empty in overdrive will be around 2100 rpm at 80 mph. The deeper fourth gear the 265 has changes my plans up a little. Going to refigure and maybe trade some parts around to get all the cruising and towing gears I wanted.

I have not been in a jam yet towing with this truck but it will come along before long.
Chris
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

Will the floor hump/transmission cover from a 64 cab fit a 65 2wd cab?
Chris