Going thru my phone book..

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Mr. Jones

Going thru my phone book..

Post by Mr. Jones »

Total wash out here in KC today rain,rain and more rain so I’m sitting here in the garage having a beer and was looking thru my phone book.Amazing how many friends I’ve made since joining back in 2012..selling and buying parts and four SlickStock’s later......Here’s what’s in there

1) Anthony aka Anthony
2) Blackwater Forge aka Russell...sold me a neutral safety switch years ago
3) Born4Ford aka Julie.....sold her a set of defroster tubes
4) Brian 65&66’s....local member and he came to SlickStock last summer sold his buddy a set of F-600
fenders,hood and some other stuff
5) Ponypoor aka Brian...sold me 6 F-350 wheels mint condition, set of big west mirrors,wiring harness.Lives out in Phoenix and we text now and then always Slick stuff
6) Casey65...hosted last summers SlickStock another local member
7) Chuck Schmidt......another local member that I do a lot of custom sheet metal work for.....Chuck told me he was looking for an old truck to advertise his Const.and real estate business with....funny how I steered him to a Uni in St. Louis which is the one he showed up to SlickStock in last summer...he showed up Friday nite in the robin egg blue 62 Uni.John UnibodyMadness sold him the correct tail gate bars
8) Cody lives down around Springfield Mo ....sold me a nice tailgate 65/66
9) Dadstruk.....another local I rode with him to Docs for the cookout last summer and I cannot remember his name,good guy we had a fun evening
10) Dave Kelly...know him from Facebook..owns a couple 350’s
11) Webfoot aka Don.... another local we talked this morning about the Lawerence swap meet
12) Gaylord Ward .....lives in Joplin Mo came to his first SlickStock last summer.He was in KC last weekend with family for The royals game Sunday.He stopped by and bought a set of 250 hood spears for his 61 fwd F-250
13) Ezernut9mm.... another local ....we texted this morning about Lawerence he cannot make it,invited his buddy butch to ride along..???
14) Iceman 61/66 and Mrs.Iceman 61/66......Altoona 2014 I pulled into the motel,parked and got out of my truck......someone yells “Hey Dan....” I turn around and there stands Brian we had never meet till then........way way to much beer with him that was a great weekend
15) Slickcollector aka Jim Oberg.....lives about 45 min drive west of me.....love visiting with Jim where there’s always free courtesy parking for all his customers...
16) Swaney..aka Joel lives up in Fort Calhoun,Neb.Joel showed up at Atoona driving the Red 350 car hauler carrying the black 65 250...then came to Salina in the 64 fwd stepside absolutely flawless....we text occasionally
17) UnibodyMadness aka John.....thru SlickStock and sold him a few control knobs with cables by usps
18) Lm14 aka Steve Parks ....we meet at a Shriners swapmeet here in KC he drove down from Iowa that was good day and at a couple SlickStocks
19) Mad-drummer lives down is south Texas sold him a big truck valance
20) Orange R Code aka Robb lives in OKC,we meet at Salina and drove around in my gray 350 to the events...and KC last summer....Robb shopped the Pate swapmeet last year for me and found some nice chrome pieces for my chrome board and we text occasionally
21) Slick4x4......aka Pat ....got Pat’s # last summer,one of those just in case thing,and three SlickStocks with him
22) FarmmotorSports...aka..Pat..another local lives out west of me,parts and SlickStocks Pat drove the diesel black Uni last SlickStock
23) Rwhistles...Robert we meet at Altoona he lives down in Florida and we talked last winter
24) Shipwrecked...April...never meet never talked not sure how you got in but just in case I need to call you we be good
25) Toyz....Paul Fenn thru SlickStock and shop manuals I sold him
26) Truckrat ..Gary ...three SlickStocks parts and we’ve talked a few times on the phone

Turns out my accidental meeting of this group at LMC Aug 2012 was indeed the beginning of a good thing in my life......Thanks to everyone for making this the greatest show on earth....
Dan
PS...almost forgot SlickStocks favorite son Mr.Mike Kimbrell, we text occasionally and three SlickStocks.
shipwrecked
United States of America

Re: Going thru my phone book..

Post by shipwrecked »

My grandpa always said about me..... write my address in pencil cause its gonna change again soon. My cell is full of slick friends now. Tons of help coming from you guys over the years.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

Dan ... did you happen to get Jenny's number ?
I know it's 867-5309. ...
But I don't have her pre-fix number
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
FarmMotorSports
United States of America

Post by FarmMotorSports »

Pat if you have ever watched TV or seen a movie you know the prefix.

It's 555 :lol:
61 F250 Unibody
5.9 Ford Diesel / Allison
Disk brake straight axle
Mr. Jones

Post by Mr. Jones »

[quote="slick4x4"]Dan ... did you happen to get Jenny's number ?

Pat,
Using extreme caution I'm going to step out on the branch and ask,"Who's Jenny?" Something is telling me there's a joke in here
Blackwaterforge

Post by Blackwaterforge »

Lots of great and very helpful folks on this site.
If it cain't be fixed with a sledge hammer it must be an electrical problem!
Jerry D
United States of America

Post by Jerry D »

I should let Pat answer for himself, but see the link below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WTdTwcmxyo
Mr. Jones

Post by Mr. Jones »

Thanks Jerry,I knew Pat was up to something...... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

:mrgreen:
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Well Dan, I can forgive you for not having my name in your book, it would cost too much to call :lol:

seeing your post made me think of a list I started years ago, to remember the first name of people on Chat

as I was able back then to get on. I truly miss those days ! :(

Hope your doing well mate, see you in Iowa next year aye !
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Mr. Jones

Post by Mr. Jones »

Hope your doing well mate, see you in Iowa next year aye ![/quote]

Alan,
So far all is good in KC,bought tickets for a Sept.21 concert here.One of your countries finest Tommy Emmanuel is performing.....center stage,row six.....haven't been to one of these things for thirty years..
9Fingers
United States of America

Post by 9Fingers »

That fellow is a phenomenal guitar player, actually a certified guitar player, as bestowed by the late Chet Atkins. I've been following some of his online guitar lessons. A true artist for sure, right hand thumb keeping a bass rythym going while other right hand fingers playing a lead melody. Switching over from banjo with the finger picks has not been too hard for me, but keeping that bass and lead with the same hand, a challenge for sure. I'm sure you will come home mesmorized from the performance.

Keep on picking,.
Bradshaw
Always know where you will be, when you get where you're going - Jerry Clower