tailgate question

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ratrapp

tailgate question

Post by ratrapp »

does anyone know if the slicks have a plastic bushing hat the tailgate pivots on?the newer ford trucks do but I don't know about the slicks.i have a lot of play in one side of my tailgate and its hard to get it aligned with the body.i tried moving the pivot up as afar as it will go but theres so much up and down play.i didn't know if it has a bushing or the tailgate is just that worn out.
longcabjohn
United States of America

Re: tailgate question

Post by longcabjohn »

I used the bottom of a pill bottle, not very automotive but it fit and the va sends me one every month

Johnny
If restoring a ford was easy, chevy guys could do it.
slixtyfive
United States of America

Post by slixtyfive »

Original was metal on metal. But you can get after market polyurethane hinges - #22 on the page in this link. I haven't used them yet so not sure about quality/durability...

https://www.lmctruck.com/1957-72-ford/b ... components
"It's better to be gone but not forgotten, than to be forgotten but not gone." Gary Allan
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

67/72 trucks and 73/79 does have that to really aligns the gate so it opens and closes since they will shift back and forth, original made out of a fiber material but can be made out of almost anything, go to Lowes in that Hardware Dept.
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
ratrapp

Post by ratrapp »

thanks for all the suggestions.definitly going to try and make some sort of bushing for it.if not i'll try the polyurethane hinges.