WHAT UP???????

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

oldsmiley
United States of America

WHAT UP???????

Post by oldsmiley »

Hummmmm......
I know I'm way far behind on my own rebuild, so I probably shouldn't say anything ....but what gives. Slicks are still being bought, built, driven, and sold. Somebody should have something to say about them.
I know the country is...."excuse me", the WORLD is in bad shape, but didn't anyone so much as have a flat tire, run out of gas, hit a deer (sure hope not). It's getting kinda dead around here lately. At least I just got my 4 link kit in from Chassis-tech for my 64, so soon as It quits raining, and work slows down, I'll get back on it and at least complete one more part of it. Can't wait to change to my other rear end. The 2.73 gear, and get away from the 3.73 gear that's gobbling up all my gas. I just need more than 12 MPG. :(

It really is hard to do much to it when you use it for a daily driver, but a little here, and a little there, will eventually get it done. Heck, about 7 weeks ago I put a new chrome rearview mirror, 2 chrome visor brackets, 2 chrome arms, and 2 chrome visor hooks in my truck. Last week the mirror wouldn't stay in it's desired position, it kept moving and vibrating to where you couldn't hardly see a car behind you.
This morning I took the mirror out, screwed the ball completely out, put some lock-tight on the threads, clamped it in the vice, took the pipe wrench to it, and made SURE it was tight, and re-installed it. One more thing accomplished. Small, but DONE.
This is a great Forum, but Forums die when there's nothing to make it interesting........Let's don't do that! Think about Emeril (the chef) on TV...."BAM", let's start waking people up.
grump

Re: WHAT UP???????

Post by grump »

What tranny and engine are you running? I agree with you, it worries me with the lack of participation. It seems that once the facebook page started things started going down hill. Pat keeps things going which is good but I miss all the members who used to be active all the time.
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

I think the picture problem has had an effect on posting also. Too many of us do not post or even have a Facebook profile. To offset cost, would a small fee for picture privileges be something to look at?
Chris
SteveCanup
United States of America

Post by SteveCanup »

Well....I've been on here almost every day. I'm also keeping my build thread going fairly regularly. Every time I do something...small or great, I post on my build thread. The picture thing is killing this site...I have "redone" my thread once already, replacing the pics that disappeared. Facebook groups are springing up continually and they will pull people from here....that's just the reality of it.
1964 F-100
ThinLizzy13
United States of America

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

I'm on here pretty much every day. Mostly lurking though, I try to post pretty much any time I do something to my truck. Mostly cause it helps me remember lol. I've been using postimage to post pics. It's free and easy to use.

I took my truck out for a spin today for the first time in...gosh I don't know. Months I guess? Converted to DSII and loving it.

12 mpg huh? Maybe you should grab a 223 instead of a rearend :lol:
'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

I wish people would post even the simple things
This is a Truck site....
But heck... I even post about the wind blowing !
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Pat I agree about the wind. unless we are on the road I look everyday, and now being sidelined with being in hospital in UNC yesterday all day and hours in recovery and will be like this for few days and did not get it all out so now will have to go through it again, But when ? that's another subject, times I see no action but project builds still going on, even no jokes
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

I check out everything that you do Steve, and it's always interesting
SteveCanup wrote:Well....I've been on here almost every day. I'm also keeping my build thread going fairly regularly. Every time I do something...small or great, I post on my build thread. The picture thing is killing this site...I have "redone" my thread once already, replacing the pics that disappeared. Facebook groups are springing up continually and they will pull people from here....that's just the reality of it.
__________________________________________________________________________________

WOW....
I hesitated a long time last night before I submitted this post, because I thought for sure someone would say "if you don't like it, GET OFF". I didn't want to stir up hard feelings, but sure was glad to get some response.

"OH", and if posting pictures is what's holding you back, that's simple. I'm not a computer GURU, but I don't give up either. Months ago i read SO MANY
pieces of advice about how to post pictures, and quite honestly my lit'l "P" brain got confused, but I didn't give up. I found a simple solution...... and it's FREE

Go to IMGBB.com and start uploading and create your album. When you upload a photo, make sure you save it as a DIRECT LINK (it will automatically provide a link below it that you can copy). Take that link to Slick60s, click on Img, insert the link, submit, and you're done.

SIMPLE just got easy......so now you don't have any excuse NOT to post pictures of your trucks.
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

I use one called .. postimg.cc
Works pretty good & its simple

[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

I did that with Photobucket and lost a few pictures. I would rather post directly to the forum like I can on the other 4 boards I am a member. 2018 or so the moderator said they were working on the photo problem here but won't comment on the progress. I would rather pay for picture posting privileges directly. Less chance of getting lost if the image host goes away or the forum swaps formats.
Chris
MY OL 66
United States of America

Post by MY OL 66 »

I kinda agree with most that has been said above.

After posting all of my project pictures TWICE, and then seeing them disappear AGAIN, I kinda gave up on updating my progress.

I still check this bulletin board daily, and was glad to see some activity today.

And I still follow Steve Canup and his ongoing build adventures...
Steve F
1965 Mustang Coupe
1966 F-100 Shortbed CC/Ranger
2010 Mustang GT Convertible
2010 Shelby GT500 Convertible
Jerry D
United States of America

Post by Jerry D »

Well, we could run it past Darrell and the Moderators again, and see what the cost would be to update the site to be able to post pics. Not that I ever post them, but I'd chip in, so I could see more content here.
oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

The free service I have now works, but if it'll help the forum "count me in"
grump

Post by grump »

I know that posting pics is one of the drawbacks on this site but when this site was really active alot of the activity was verbal and pictures weren't neccessarily involved. I miss seeing what Ezer, Madmax, Kid, Casey, Hoofbeat Racer, Purple Flying Monkey, Iceman, Michelle, LM14, Kstones63, Truckrat, Allan, and many others had to say daily. I'm on here pretty much everyday just to see if there's been any activity. I know I should probably post more but it seems like nothing is interesting enough and I've always been a pretty private person. I'll have to try harder.
oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

I've had trucks for over 40 years, but only been on here for about 3 1/2 years, that's when I got hooked. I still come on nearly everyday to see what the latest is. But, I guess it's like Facebook, after a while you realize you spend too much valuable time on here, so you cut back. Or you finish your truck and don't need to ask any more questions about how to do something, or where to get something.

I still hit the Projects & Builds section. I've always been amazed with the ideas that pours out of a person's head. Some good & some not so good, but you can learn something from both, "OR" add a little to what they are doing to take it one level higher. My plans are to rebuild my 64 s/b one more time (as a neat looking, conservative driver), nowhere near perfect, and if God gives me 20 more years, I'll still be blowing the horn at all my friends.

Now I just gotta find the time before this old body starts a new ache somewhere else.....

OH, and the NEW crate motor I installed over 20 years ago, just rolled over on 30,000 yesterday. So even though it's going to be a daily driver from now on, I think it's got enough life left to give me that 20 years...

Even if you only buy and install a new GAS CAP......let's hear about it. :lol:
SteveCanup
United States of America

Post by SteveCanup »

How about tires? I'm shopping right now... I replaced my "gas cap" a few years ago...lol...If I'm ever down in the Durham area I will have to look you up old smiley...
1964 F-100
oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

Believe it or not, I was thinking last night that if i EVER get some free time, I was going to drive up and see your new garage...lol. You're like me...."a JACK of all trades" but your stuff is much nicer.
SteveCanup
United States of America

Post by SteveCanup »

oldsmiley wrote:Believe it or not, I was thinking last night that if i EVER get some free time, I was going to drive up and see your new garage...lol. You're like me...."a JACK of all trades" but your stuff is much nicer.
Thanks! It's not really....It's sometimes like lipstick on a pig...lol.
1964 F-100
04sd
United States of America

Post by 04sd »

I try and stop by almost every day to see if anything is going on. I'm slowing making progress on my truck, I'll try to take some pictures this weekend and get them posted. Speaking of gas caps, I need a non vented cap that will seal tight and not leak down the side of the cab on my new paint when it's done.
Bill
1966 F100 Camper Special, now a short bed 4x4.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1644 ... build.html
oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

Bill:
Just keep watch on that tank if you run a non-vented cap. Over the years I've seen 3 different trucks where the tanks were SUCKED FLAT by that same thing. They were so flat you couldn't get 3 gallons of gas in them.
I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.