Intermittent Wipers Available For Two Speed Slicks

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

chris401
United States of America

Intermittent Wipers Available For Two Speed Slicks

Post by chris401 »

Link says 68 but I bet the module won't know the difference as long as you have a two speed motor and switch. See the video on how it works.

https://www.revolutionelectronics.com/P ... nt-wipers/
Chris
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Re: Intermittent Wipers Available For Two Speed Slicks

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

here is the problem I see,, ALL 61/66 Trucks DOES NOT Have 2 speed motors and if they did their homework they would have seen the wiper motors are the same from 67/79 Ford Trucks, on 61/66 trucks you have a 3 terminal switch, then you have a 4 terminal switch, then you have a 5 terminal switch and then a 7 terminal switch and all with different speeds so with that many switches it might be hard to install in a 61/66 truck, Like we have touched on this many times I see one way to make this work is adapt by installing the 67/79 2 speed wiper motor on the 64-66 wiper motor bracket then use this part, Now some 61/63 wiper motor brackets are different when mounting this motor on it and be sure to use that little clevis bracket that bolts on the motor that came off the original motor to install on the 67/79 motors or just find a F-100/150/250/350 OR 78/79 Bronco with the delay module/switch, Some say 80's and up will work on the module but never tried it
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

Chris: The intermittent wiper bits and pieces (module and switch) from any Ford Truck 1973 up to 1989 can be made to work, but on some of the later ones, the shaft on the switch will need to be shortened to use your original knob.

http://www.fordification.com/tech/wiperdelay.htm
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

To clear up the misinformation the 1966 two speed I have in my hand has the number C4TF-17504-D with a production date of November 1, 1965. The two speed wiper switch has a stamped number of C3TB-17A553-E. You self proclaimed experts really should research other peoples claims before you lay down the law of production. Nothing special or exotic about me. If I have one that means Ford made double, triple or even 4 digit production numbers of these.

P.S. I encourage anyone with photo posting capabilities to PM me their e-mail or e-mail me directly and I will send photo's of the parts I took this morning. Maybe I am wrong and owe someone a public apology?
Chris
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

chris401 wrote:To clear up the misinformation the 1966 two speed I have in my hand has the number C4TF-17504-D with a production date of November 1, 1965. The two speed wiper switch has a stamped number of C3TB-17A553-E. You self proclaimed experts really should research other peoples claims before you lay down the law of production. Nothing special or exotic about me. If I have one that means Ford made double, triple or even 4 digit production numbers of these.

P.S. I encourage anyone with photo posting capabilities to PM me their e-mail or e-mail me directly and I will send photo's of the parts I took this morning. Maybe I am wrong and owe someone a public apology?
I found this truck whole but by the time I contacted the owner he had already cut it up. This link shows the truck complete and what was left of it when I took possession.

http://fepower.net/simplemachinesforum/ ... 8520.0;all
Chris
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

my mistake , read the two speed slicks so should only apply to 2 speed motors, not as I listed with all other switch difference's but not all 2 speeds have the same switches either some even list different between trucks with or with out power brakes on switches
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
04sd
United States of America

Post by 04sd »

chris401 wrote:Link says 68 but I bet the module won't know the difference as long as you have a two speed motor and switch. See the video on how it works.

https://www.revolutionelectronics.com/P ... nt-wipers/
Looks like a cool little box. I already have a late 70's motor, switch, control, and harness for my truck or I'd buy one and try it.
Bill
1966 F100 Camper Special, now a short bed 4x4.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1644 ... build.html