Fresh Brake Upgrade For 1965, Still 4 Drums

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

chris401
United States of America

Fresh Brake Upgrade For 1965, Still 4 Drums

Post by chris401 »

I installed a pre-bent brake line system for a 1967 F-250 from Inline Tube. New master cylinder and N.O.S. distribution block. The 67' brake light switch is hung on the steering column and uses the brake pedal arm for a trigger. I did have to add a spring to help the brake pedal overcome the valve spring strength coil spring Standard installed in the switch. The only major difference between 65 and 67 line bends is at the rear axle. 67 rear line does an about face and dumps out directly above the axle. The 67 axle lines are different as well. 65 and 66 use a seperat distribution block to split the rear wheels. 67 has the distribution block incorporated into the rubber line and it secures to the axle via the vent tube. This makes the left line longer and right line shorter. For now I am using a new F-100 rubber line between the axle and frame line. When the site allows I'll post pictures of the install.
Chris
Gnant

Re: Fresh Brake Upgrade For 1965, Still 4 Drums

Post by Gnant »

Did a similar set up. Had a 69 camper special donor truck I took the break booster and distribution block from. Added a new master cylinder and it works much better than the single pot. Had to add a brake switch to the brake pedal as well. Easy conversion and well worth it.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." --- Will Rogers