Parking Brake Link Spring

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Liberty

Parking Brake Link Spring

Post by Liberty »

Hello All,

Question on brakes for my 1965 F-100. The Drums are 11" with the shoe width 1 3/4". One of my parking brake link springs is broken and I wish to replace it when I do the brake job. The spring appears to be approximately 1 1/4" long and about 1" wide (oval shape). Although the spring is common with the drum brakes, I can't seem to ID the precise replacement spring for that year. Is it the 2A601-3 from NPD? https://www.npdlink.com/product/spring- ... ink/148342

Thanks, Liberty
65 Ford F100 Style side 8' bed 352 V8 4Spd Granny Gears

Liberty
My wife's nightmare
United States of America

Re: Parking Brake Link Spring

Post by My wife's nightmare »

I wish I could definitely ID your part number. I would look at what NPD has for early Mustangs (up to 73) and see if anything looks like it would work. If I get a chance this weekend, I'll check my truck and see if it'll help determine what spring will work.
Liberty

Post by Liberty »

No worries! I put the brakes on with the new spring from NPD yesterday. It was a bit longer than the old broken spring. The the old spring may have contracted over time. Nonetheless, it fit together and I put the drum back on. I will let you know what happens.

Thanks again, Liberty

Liberty
Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Put the new rear brakes and wheel cylinders on both sides! All seems O.K. Thanks, Liberty

Liberty