i hit my 66 with a hammer today

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ICEMAN6166
Poland

i hit my 66 with a hammer today

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

was not even out of bed when the wife called from the gas station.
the generator light is on.
had her come home went outside and tapped on the backside of the gen a few times with the hammer. started it up, light out. 2nd time i have had to self-adjust this particular generator in a years time. no spares left. parts guy says obsolete and cant get them no more. time to order some sets of brushes and fix a few of the broken ones i have.

who said you cant fix anything with a hammer?
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

There is place down here in Omaha that still rebuilt them last I knew of (2 years ago). Shipping would probably be stupid though. Maybe time for a conversion considering your semi remote location.

http://www.galaxieclub.com/alternator-conversion.html
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

cant have any gm alternators.
bought the correct bracket to install a ford alt a long time ago just have not felt like messing with the rewiring. some day i may have to but i will keep the gen setup as long as i can.

of course our cell phone is a bag phone, we are one of the last on the analog technology, time is running out on that too. as long as our existing phone works we can stay till the phone co. are forced to stop the analog signal.
if the phone breaks they wont turn on another.
i hate the tiny cell phones, the bag phone has a much better power and range and proper size buttons to push.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
dwbr

Post by dwbr »

you remind me of one of those twilite episodes where the guy is stuck in a time forgotten
________
BMW R 90 S history
Last edited by dwbr on February 6, 2011, 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
turtle1056

Post by turtle1056 »

nicest swap i ever did was the Ford 2g alternator - one wire to the relay, and one to the idiot lite
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:lol: Hey Iceman,You can have one of my old ones there just stuck to the garden shed doing nothing anyways.

[img][albumimg]2981[/albumimg]

No not really all mine but pick one,

Alan,[/img]
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
cdherman

Post by cdherman »

Unfortunately, the cell companies will not activate a used bag phone either. Once the old one is gonzo, its over.

There are places all over the county that still get better service with a bag phone than analog or digital handhelds. I did a lot of reading and messing when I was living in western KS -- same issues.

All phone are certainly NOT created equal. I have clunky Nokia flip phone that comes from an era before thin was popular -- It gets almost a good of coverage as my dads bag phone, so he switched.

When your bag phone dies, search and read up on the internet which phones get good reception in "fringe" areas.

I am in KC now, but I still use my old Nokia -- other people marvel that I can still get reception inside the elevator!
1965 F-100 240 Autolite 1101, Disk brake dual master upgraded, swapped over to C4 and powersteering. Bought by my Dad new in March 65'

Planned/considered upgrades:
Perhaps power brakes, 300 I6 motor and JUST maybe, AC!
66 POJ

Re: i hit my 66 with a hammer today

Post by 66 POJ »

ICEMAN6166 wrote:was not even out of bed when the wife called from the gas station.
the generator light is on.
had her come home went outside and tapped on the backside of the gen a few times with the hammer. started it up, light out. 2nd time i have had to self-adjust this particular generator in a years time. no spares left. parts guy says obsolete and cant get them no more. time to order some sets of brushes and fix a few of the broken ones i have.

who said you cant fix anything with a hammer?

.........and another cherry was popped.......................
1966 F-100 LB
1966 F-250 LB
2003 F-150 ex-cab 4x4
2003 Explorer EB
2004 Mach 1

Frank