Help!!!!!!

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Casey 65
United States of America

Help!!!!!!

Post by Casey 65 »

I've not had any luck finding a valve cover racetrack for SS08. Does anyone have one they would be willing to bring to KC for Slick Stock 08? See you in 286 days!!!!!! :D
GLindley

Post by GLindley »

I think Greg (AKA Truckfarmer) has one you might could "rent"! I do believe he has plans to come to SS 08' too!
Gene
1961 Intregal cab SWB 223 (getting 302 & TIB)
1969 LWB 302 automatic (Donor for the '61)
2000 F150 XLT SWB (Daily Driver)
Truckrat
United States of America

track

Post by Truckrat »

Casey,
Truckfarmer DOES have a valve cover track that they use every year at the "Dash to the Dells" Ford F100 show in the Wisconsin Dells. It is set up on a trailer so it is very portable. You should probably send him an e-mail or a PM and let him know you want him to bring it with him. I am suspecting he already plans to bring it along, but it wouldn't hurt to give the boy a heads up anyway. It is a nice track, and I now have another "little project" I have to get done by next summer. Shouldn't be any shortage of valve covers laying around to make one from. TR
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

Thanks guys, I sent a email to Truckfarmer. see you in 285 days. :D
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

TF 's is owned by a club he is a member of, he couldn't get it for SS2. Chuck aka Wyatt made one, maybe the MACsters could bring his.. so there's 2 options.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Truckrat
United States of America

track

Post by Truckrat »

Yeah, it does belong to the club, but the deal is it needs to be tagged and insured to pull across 4 states to get to KC...........
Unless............it was hauled on a tagged trailer. Not sure about the insurance part. We don't have to tag small trailers here in Oklahoma either, but Kansas and Missouri may have different ideas. Hope the other one you mentioned can come if TF can't bring that one, JC. I will do some checking around here and see about one. TR
Truckfarmer

Post by Truckfarmer »

I have been talking to Casey and Truckrat. I am going ask for permission to borrow the racetrack. It belongs to Badgerland F100's. Wisconsin does not require tags on that size trailer. Just wondwering if I can pull it with an Illinois truck across 4 states and not catch the eye of an over-zealous police officer. The club just put new tires on it in September and I think the alignment needs a correction, but that is minor. Again, I will ask for permission.
If you drove a Ford, you wouldn't need a good wrench!
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

I would think that as long as it complies with the laws in the state it's from it should be fine. Otherwise people would have to relicense all kinds of vehicles in every state they went through just to travel. I can check Nebraska and drop you an email.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
Truckrat
United States of America

track

Post by Truckrat »

Greg, down here, as long as you have the safety equipment all working, like safety chains, tail lights, brake lights, and turn signals on the trailer, they really won't bother you. They DO like to see fenders on the tires, but I don't recall if it had fenders or not. Seems like it had some old green pickup fenders of some kind as I recall, but I've slept since then. Just so you know, your efforts are appreciated. TR