I'm a loser

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Combat_Medic

I'm a loser

Post by Combat_Medic »

Well, first things first, I owe many of you an apology. I thought all of you that had more than one slick were just plain retarded. After all, I have one and people call me crazy. hahaha. Now I get it. I'm picking up my second 66 250 tuesday. Apparently, whatever you all have is terribly contagious - and now I've got it...
"I never gave anybody hell! I just told the truth and they thought it was hell." - Plain speakin' Harry Truman
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

HAHAHA LMAO! you know how it is... Honestly, I can say that I haven't gotten THAT bug... yeah, its goin 'round here like the stomach flu... haha

I prefer to dump all of my money and efforts into one bad-ass slick than to keep a whole heap of em just tied together.
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:twisted: It will kick in but not until your at least 22 :lol: .

Alan,
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

I still wouldn't mind laying my hands on this rig, has the Red & Black interior I am found of. Make a nice driver with a small block\AOD, PS, power disc brakes, a set of 90s chrome spoke stock wheels, & A/C.
I would consider taking my Uni a few levels higher if I had it like I just described.

http://www.fordtruk.com/forums/album_sh ... ser_id=292
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Black truck, with the red & black interior...definitely one of my favorites too! woohoo.gif How much is the asking price on that little beauty?

C_M, just make sure you show off your latest Slick affliction when you get it. :D Oh & welcome to the sickness. :lol:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Jarrod

Post by Jarrod »

I have it too. I keep it in check with electro shock treatments and the threat of my wife getting half my stuff if I get more than one project at a time. She lets me do what I want one project at a time until I can find suitable space and disposable income to afford this addiction. Right now, she can't use any part of the 2 car garage we have. Oh well...
Cheers,
Jarrod
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

getting the first one was cool, an entirely new game for me.
had to have one i could drive right away so the 2nd came a few months later.
#3 was a freebie, cant turn down free.
thus the seed was planted and they kept growing in number.like the song says
"with a little help from my friends"

diagnosis as follows:

patient suffers from acute end-stage slickmania.
disease has progressed to the point of extreme parameters including but not limited to
a) hoarding and storing to excess
b) continual desires to seek out and find more
c)spends large blocks of time with others similarly afflicted.

prognosis for recovery is negative.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Combat_Medic

Post by Combat_Medic »

So getting this little sickness was all fun and games until last night. My girlfriend (soon to be fiance) couldn't help but notice how "chipper" I was all day, so she finally asked what was going on. I let her know that I had bought something I'd been looking for since this summer - she thought it was a ring for her.... anyhow, when I asked her if she wanted to go with me to pick up my new truck she started crying. I can't really get mad at her raining on my party, as I now see how she was mislead:( There is no consoling the girl... :cry:
"I never gave anybody hell! I just told the truth and they thought it was hell." - Plain speakin' Harry Truman
Bill

Post by Bill »

Just bought my second one as well also 66 F250. Your rite these things are contagious, it's some kind if healthy disease I think.
Phil

Post by Phil »

You guys are all healthy.

Whats worse is any-old-Ford diease.

I saw a cherry two door Monarch in wimbledon white yesterday without a vinyl top.

When you start lusting after Monarchs or Granadas you are well and truly screwed.
Someday I'll get another slick :(
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

I'm still in the early stage of diease.
bought my first one in my teen's :shock:
the one I'm still trying to get back on the road :shock:
Had a parts truck given to me . it is long gone.
Had the itch to get another but so far I have managed to resist :wink:
almost bought a uni last spring :D
but keep telling myself one project at a time
and so far it seems to be working but i am beginning to weaken :lol:
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

ICEMAN6166 wrote: diagnosis as follows:

patient suffers from acute end-stage slickmania.
disease has progressed to the point of extreme parameters including but not limited to
a) hoarding and storing to excess
b) continual desires to seek out and find more
c)spends large blocks of time with others similarly afflicted.

prognosis for recovery is negative.

haha I think you got it about right....

and I think I am breathing vaporized shit. My roommate stinks.
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage
fmartin_gila

Post by fmartin_gila »

Combat_Medic wrote:So getting this little sickness was all fun and games until last night. My girlfriend (soon to be fiance) couldn't help but notice how "chipper" I was all day, so she finally asked what was going on. I let her know that I had bought something I'd been looking for since this summer - she thought it was a ring for her.... anyhow, when I asked her if she wanted to go with me to pick up my new truck she started crying. I can't really get mad at her raining on my party, as I now see how she was mislead:( There is no consoling the girl... :cry:

Gaining a little insight on the male/female thought processes? You will never totally figure it out, I am 68, been Married 3 times, raised 4 girls and 1 boy, and there are still some things that baffle me.
Fred
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

fmartin_gila wrote:
Combat_Medic wrote:So getting this little sickness was all fun and games until last night. My girlfriend (soon to be fiance) couldn't help but notice how "chipper" I was all day, so she finally asked what was going on. I let her know that I had bought something I'd been looking for since this summer - she thought it was a ring for her.... anyhow, when I asked her if she wanted to go with me to pick up my new truck she started crying. I can't really get mad at her raining on my party, as I now see how she was mislead:( There is no consoling the girl... :cry:

Gaining a little insight on the male/female thought processes? You will never totally figure it out, I am 68, been Married 3 times, raised 4 girls and 1 boy, and there are still some things that baffle me.
Fred

so far as I can see the female process, when hooked up with a Slickster, it runs along these lines. May vary slightly in different regions:

1) Smile and nod encouragingly as he tells you he has several old Ford trucks. How bad can they be? (think 2005 as an "Old" truck)

2) Hide your horror well when you actually see his collection of rusty old junk

3) Go along to all the car shows, swap meets, and collector car auctions you can, Make sure that 1/2 hour into them, you start asking if it's over yet, and can we go to the mall ( for 6 hours of excruciating shoe shopping. Never buy a pair of shoes )

4) Make sure that when a running uni comes along at a good price, you know that's when to play the "ring on my finger" card. Tears are essential. Better yet, ensure some 17 year old idiot buys it for $200, and puts a Chebby engine in it, and cuts it up good to install his $8,000 stereo all over the dash. Slip the kid a few dollars to paint pink flames on it, and get a snorkel hood.

5) Once you have your ring, ensure he never has another dollar or second to work on his truck. Buy shoes like they are gong out of style. When all the closets are full, start storing the excess in the garage.

6) Once it becomes apparent that he has socked a few dollars away from you, and is again starting to buy truck parts, get pregnant immediately. Post men, milk men, and pizza delivery boys can help out in the process.

7) Ask him 13 times a day why he is so miserable. Clean out his bank account, and suggest that he gets rid of those old "pieces of junk" to gain a few dollars

8 ) Once they are all gone, and his bank account is in arrears, run off with the pizza delivery boy. Leave the kids with him. Tell him you need to "Find yourself"

9) Pass the ticket on to the next woman in line, so she can start the process all over.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Gee thanks JC. I never knew whiskey tasted so good before 9 a.m. Hic! :roll:
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

Message to Mr. Canuck :oops:

Please refrain from posting my life story like that. It hurts to relive everything! :(
Mark

ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

that is not always the case.
Mrs. Iceman is either also afflicted with the disease or at the very least a carrier as she
has her own slick
recognizes the value of parts trucks
does not try to keep me away from finding more.

best part is she can happily drive them as is without any complaint as to the lack of power accessories.
1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Heavyhauler wrote:When you start lusting after Monarchs or Granadas you are well and truly screwed.

Man, that's for sure. :lol:
I could see myself doing that fairly easily, too. :? :P
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

i often think about some of the ford cars i have had over the years, have not seen any in a very long time and could probably suffer a nostalgia bout if i found a real nice one as they were both fun cars to drive.

78 fairmont w 302
82 EXP
1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

Just hope she NEVER thaws out Brian. She may actually be a NORMAL woman under the frosty exterior.

Here's hoping that "Global Warming" is BS

Tim
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.