I'm a loser

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

Fanatic wrote:Just hope she NEVER thaws out Brian. She may actually be a NORMAL woman under the frosty exterior.

Here's hoping that "Global Warming" is BS

Tim

haha there's really a frozen drama queen inside the eskimo snowgirl... Keep it froze up in there... haha
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage
jwh f-100
United States of America

Post by jwh f-100 »

I have it also.
The guy I bought my box from has four slicks.

-A 63 or 64 swb, no box no, engine or trans.
-The 66 my box came off. It runs and drives with A 352 4speed. It origanally had a three speed that he still has.
- the most "rare/unique" slick he has is A 66 swb 4x4 that runs and drives that he uses around his farm.
- A "big slick" cab mounted on a smaller 4x4 frame. Sure is ugly with those big fenders over them smaller wheels.

I have had the urge latley to go see him and offer to buy all four. (FOUR???? :bangin: bang.gif I MUST BE NUTS) Luckily for me my interest and need for building a dump truck has cleared my mind of the thought. If I am ever able to get/build/restore another slick I want it to be a '65 or "66 swb,300,OD trans,PS,PB, ranger interior truck.

PS If anyone has an interest in the 66 swb 4x4 (or any other)let me know and I'll call the guy. It would be cool to see it in the hands of a slickster, plus more importantly I would no longer be tempted. LOL

Jason
fmartin_gila

Post by fmartin_gila »

ICEMAN6166 wrote:that is not always the case.
Mrs. Iceman is either also afflicted with the disease or at the very least a carrier as she
has her own slick
recognizes the value of parts trucks
does not try to keep me away from finding more.

best part is she can happily drive them as is without any complaint as to the lack of power accessories.

You got a real good one, hang on tight.
I finally got a good one, the only comment she has ever made about my pickup " this is nice" Gonna hang on to her.
Fred
65TremecGT
United States of America

Post by 65TremecGT »

My dad hooked me, first vehicle i drove was his 65 F-250, which was his third at the time. Then came my 65 step prerunner which came and went, then he got his shorty, then I got mine, then a $500 parts truck, then two rough free ones, then another nice F-250 ranger in very good shape, but no driveline plus various additions of three sets of one ton fenders, extra hoods, spare 302's a 351W and a free 460/c6 from a motorhome... spare disc brake front ends and power steering boxes...now I just need some time to assemble something!!! As of now, only my shorti and the old F-250 are runners, four other rollers and a pair of cabs, one bed.....well gotta go check craigslist!
1965 Ford F-100 Short bed Custom Cab, Worn out six for now.
1966 F-250 Ranger waiting for a 79 460/C6 + Disc Brake and PS swap
DocDave

Post by DocDave »

Heavyhauler wrote:You guys are all healthy.

Whats worse is any-old-Ford diease.

I saw a cherry two door Monarch in wimbledon white yesterday without a vinyl top.

When you start lusting after Monarchs or Granadas you are well and truly screwed.

Last Monarch I had I pushed sideways with the bus to move it over a few feet. I misplaced the keys and just couldnt be bothered looking for them. It was in nice shape too. Sent it to scrap a month later. But that was before I bought the slick. Now my any old ford disease is raging but still limited to pre 67
Dave
From a guy without his Ford that he left on a rock in the North Atlantic.
65TremecGT
United States of America

Post by 65TremecGT »

I actually like the monarchs, bolt on front disc brakes for another favorite of mine, mavericks! Some even had the versaillies (sp) 9" disc brake rears!
1965 Ford F-100 Short bed Custom Cab, Worn out six for now.
1966 F-250 Ranger waiting for a 79 460/C6 + Disc Brake and PS swap