Need some inspiration/motivation

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Yellardawg

Need some inspiration/motivation

Post by Yellardawg »

Post up some pics of your project. I've not worked on the slick in about 4 weeks and really need some motivation to get back to it.
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Yellardawg,

If you want motivation go lookin' at Blow Ties a while & ride in a couple, you'll
sure enough finish your Slick Project And right qwik after that experience IMHO. . . .
:rotflmao: :lol:

FBp Bolt.gif
Change is the Only Constant
Yellardawg

Post by Yellardawg »

FORDBOYpete wrote:Yellardawg,

If you want motivation go lookin' at Blow Ties a while & ride in a couple, you'll
sure enough finish your Slick Project And right qwik after that experience IMHO. . . .
:rotflmao: :lol:

FBp Bolt.gif
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :laughing: :laughing:

That's too true. I managed to get out and do a little body work on it today and spray the trim with anodizing remover so that I can polish them later.

It just seems to be moving slow, which puts me in a funk and makes it move slower.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:( Yelladawg,I wish I knew what to say ,had the same problem with a hot rod 7 years of building and only 90% finished :cry: .So I sold it :lol: ,with "Lenore" if I got stuck I`d move on to another part that caught my fancy of doing then when motivated go back and finish the boring bits,just dont let them get to far behind.

Alan,
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Ladies and gentlemen.
This is not a unique condition for projects.
Every one of us here has suffered from this malidy many times over.
This usually happens when you're grinding on something that doesn't immediately show you results that are obvious. Like brake work, wiring, and the other tedious stuff.
When you get down and discouraged, you have to "work" thru this stage.
Even if you only pull the spark plugs to look at them, take one bolt out of the bell housing, drill one little hole for the sway bar mount, run one wire to replace a bad one, or what ever, you need to do at least one little chore every evening.
Like we used to say on the old web site..... "the only way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time."
Trust me on this one. 8)
U@ss
Last edited by Uncle Skip on November 8, 2007, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
Yellardawg

Post by Yellardawg »

Alan Mclennan wrote::( Yelladawg,I wish I knew what to say ,had the same problem with a hot rod 7 years of building and only 90% finished :cry: .So I sold it :lol: ,with "Lenore" if I got stuck I`d move on to another part that caught my fancy of doing then when motivated go back and finish the boring bits,just dont let them get to far behind.

Alan,

Lenore.....why Lenore and what have others named their Slicks? I've taken to calling mine "Jane" for Jane Mansfield. Both of these Janes have great lines!!!!!!!
Yellardawg

Post by Yellardawg »

Uncle Skip wrote:Like we used to say on the old web site..... "the only way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time."
Trust me on this one. 8)
U@ss

I've always heard "You can eat a whole hog, but you can't eat a hog whole"

I managed to do a little work today and then sprayed enamel on some areas to protect it.
FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

Post by FORDMANLCRACKEL »

Take in a few car shows, watch tv shows that deal with building custom cars and trucks, look through the album section on this forum, but its easy to get burned out on a build if it takes a long time. Mine took 6 years in spare time and the longest time was about 3 months, the rest was about a week or two on an average. Its about 98% finished now and the 2% thats left is not where it can be seen.

Lonnie
The most rewarding job i ever had was being a dad.
1988 Ranger Build http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... %20RANGER/
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

Yellardawg wrote:

Lenore.....why Lenore and what have others named their Slicks? I've taken to calling mine "Jane" for Jane Mansfield. Both of these Janes have great lines!!!!!!!

hey, what's wrong with Lenore? sounds perfectly decent to me. Sounds like a name she was born with. I feel that we cannot give these girls a name, alternately, we must "learn their name". I know, sounds stupid, but I had Aggie for 6+ years before I came up with a name. Appplying a name would have been easy, but it took a while to get an essence of her, and translate that into a name.

Kinda dark, vaguely evil in consideration of Agatha Christie, fitting for an older woman, and strikingly beautiful in an ugly kind of way.

Isn't that about right for these old girls? Some are just generally prettier, but they all seem to "have" darker, mysterious names. And No Matter What, DON'T try to call them by Male Names.....
It will piss them off!!!! haha
When I get a roll pan installed, Which hopefully may be this weekend, YAY, I wanna get a custom plate that says AGATHA.... it will be cool. I wonder if AZ still will issue an old-school maroon plate if requested. I don't want one of the new cactus and sunset things... ick.
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Alan,[/quote]

Lenore.....why Lenore and what have others named their Slicks? I've taken to calling mine "Jane" for Jane Mansfield. Both of these Janes have great lines!!!!!!![/quote]

When I was working on Lenore I listened to lots of music,like The stairwell sisters,Tom Waits,Flatmountain girls,Bob dylan,Creedence clearwater,Neil Young and others mostly Blue grass thou.And Neil kept mentioning Lenore and it stuck.Berryl is just a typical old fasion sheila`s name. :lol:

Alan,
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

motivation?
sure did have a lot of it working on the first slick. got into a couple more and after a while it kind of disappeared. then i left them alone for awhile,think i was getting burned out from spending too much time and trying to do too much at once. i dont spend time dwelling on things anymore. if i run up against a wall doing something i will leave it and go on to something else as the solution will eventually show itself. the slicks are not going anywhere so im not worried about the time.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

Yellardawg wrote:...and spray the trim with anodizing remover so that I can polish them later.

??? What is it called and where do you get it??
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

My 65 is named DeeDee. Short for Daily Driver. Thought it would fit on the license plate. Also easy to remember and doesnt soud as much like a "bad word" when I ever get mad at her so I can say it more in public.
Yellardawg

Post by Yellardawg »

MadMaxetc wrote:
Yellardawg wrote:...and spray the trim with anodizing remover so that I can polish them later.

??? What is it called and where do you get it??

http://bluelightning.zoovy.com/c=u2lfp1 ... oduct/ADPT
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

Thanks!

I might try that on my 67 Al grill.
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:? Hang on! I thought anodizing was a method of transferring colour from one anode to another using electrical current, similar to electroplating!,and their saying a spray on liquid will remove it :shock: dang,or as the fuzzy headed bloke said(WHY IS IT SO!).

Alan,

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Yellardawg

Post by Yellardawg »