I gotta brand new girlfriend (same model, hehe)

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Combat_Medic

I gotta brand new girlfriend (same model, hehe)

Post by Combat_Medic »

wOOt! 12 hours of driving and I'm back. You should see the looks people give when they see a '66 f250 pulling another '66 3/4 ton on a car dolley about 6 inches too narrow! My old beast drove perfectly, apart from when the oil drain plug unscrewed and I lost two quarts. Oh yeah, and when the badass 93 octane ran out and the 91 started choking my engine - is that normal? Seriously though, I couldn't be happier with how smooth she ran and how hard she pulled. Going WAY too fast most of the time. I'll have exact mileage (best run was 12.5mpg for about 150 miles) and some pics later tonight!

Is higher octane in and of itself a good thing? It felt like she was flying on that 93 i found. But when I had to put 91 back in she got really rough for about 20 minutes... Was that normal? 390 f.e., no mods. Thanks fellas - pics soon

Last thing, the girl (real girlfriend) was a real trooper. She was really sweet the whole time - and it was a loooong time. Made me promise I'd build this one up for her like she wants it. I couldn't be happier :D
"I never gave anybody hell! I just told the truth and they thought it was hell." - Plain speakin' Harry Truman
Slick Fan

Re: I gotta brand new girlfriend (same model, hehe)

Post by Slick Fan »

Combat_Medic wrote:
Is higher octane in and of itself a good thing? It felt like she was flying on that 93 i found. But when I had to put 91 back in she got really rough for about 20 minutes... Was that normal? 390 f.e., no mods.

That does seem a little odd, usually it will just make a little less power & tend to ping under load. Maybe you just got a batch of gas from a bad tank...like maybe some that had water in it?

Anyway, sounds like you had a fun trip. Lookin' forward to pics. :D
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!