Mounting a 97-03 Ford seat in a slick

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

66freezerburn

Mounting a 97-03 Ford seat in a slick

Post by 66freezerburn »

Has anyone mounted a 97-03 Ford 60-40 split bench in thier Slick?

I have the opurtunity to pick up a 97 power leather seat for a couple hundred.

Would like to see some pictures if anyone has had it done.

Thanks.
Yellardawg

Post by Yellardawg »

I'd be interested as well.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I have '03 seats in mine. However i can NOT get them low enough for my satisfation. they are definitely not bolt in, , I stripped the bottom frame off, and had to fab brackets to get them level, and they still sit, with the slider right on the floor at the highest point, about 2-3" too high. I am gonna leave them since I did all that work, but i would not recommend all that work to be dissapointed in the height. The one thing they have that is great, is integral seat belts.

BTW if you are getting them super cheap and decide not to use them, I might be interested in the leather skins if they are in good shape. mine are gray cloth.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
66freezerburn

JC

Post by 66freezerburn »

The skins are grey leather and they are in fair shape,2 small burns in them.
I was planning on getting the seat recovered anyways,so I will get some pics when I can and you can decide if you want them or not.

Also isint the 64 floor different from 65 and up?
or is it 64 and up have the same floor?

If they are the same I would like to see some pics of the install.

Thanks.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

yes the 64 floor is different. It's OK re the skins, mine are in real good shape., just leather would have been nicer. Don't want any burns etc tho.
[albumimg]80[/albumimg]
[albumimg]79[/albumimg]
[albumimg]81[/albumimg]
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
MrEvil

Post by MrEvil »

I guess Johnny's words on the subject do depend on how tall you are.

Personally, I'm taking his advice and not doing that for my '61. I'm going to use something from a '96 or older and improvising my own seatbelts. If I put '97-'03 seats in my '61 my head would probably be on the roof of the cab all the time and if I went over a dip I'd have a nice dome in the roof.

I haven't done any comparison. But as small as these cabs are. You might even look to seats pulled from a car. I'd think seats from a Crown Vic Police Interceptor might not be a bad fit.
Vehicles:

2000 F250 Superduty Crew cab
1998 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor(work beater)
1961 F100 Uni (my baby)
1966 Thunderbird: someday.
Yellardawg

Post by Yellardawg »

MrEvil wrote:I guess Johnny's words on the subject do depend on how tall you are.

Personally, I'm taking his advice and not doing that for my '61. I'm going to use something from a '96 or older and improvising my own seatbelts. If I put '97-'03 seats in my '61 my head would probably be on the roof of the cab all the time and if I went over a dip I'd have a nice dome in the roof.

I haven't done any comparison. But as small as these cabs are. You might even look to seats pulled from a car. I'd think seats from a Crown Vic Police Interceptor might not be a bad fit.

I hear ya! My bench seat is out of the truck right now and I can sit on the floor and still drive the truck around the yard to work on it without any visibility problems.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

am 5"11 and my head is a hand thickness from the headliner.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

am 5"11 and my head is a hand thickness from the headliner.
Luckily I don't have an Elvis style bufont.
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

nothing wrong with big hair JC, like I say Johnny, grow it if you can.
Mark

kstones63
United States of America

Post by kstones63 »

I put a 60/40 seat out of 03 F150 Supercab in my 63. I had to slice and dice all the original mounts to get them to fit. The middle of the seat sits right on the floor. I am 5'8" and have 5 1/2" between top of my head and the roof without a headliner in it yet, so it will be close if you are taller. I am going to chop the headrests down a little bit lower. I think they look to tall in the truck.
As soon as elpollacko gets my tilt hood mounts ready, I am taking the truck back apart to prime the truck again, paint the jambs, firewall and interior. I will then reassemble and paint the outside. Then off to interior and start on the bed.
Kevin
kstones63
95 F350 Flatbed Dually Diesel
66freezerburn

Tallness

Post by 66freezerburn »

Im only 5'9 so head room should be ok.

The other thing is if I have to cut down the brackets so the seat is pretty much on the floor that will pretty much negate the power adjustable function wont it?
MrEvil

Post by MrEvil »

yeah, I got quite a few inches on you fellers. I'm 6' 4"

Now that I think about it though, I may just put Police interceptor seats in the truck. I think even a truck bench that's a direct swap will be too tall for me to ride in the truck comfortably. Besides, I'm planning on buying a whole car to steal the front subframe. I'll probably just use seatbelts like my old man's Dentsides have.
Vehicles:

2000 F250 Superduty Crew cab
1998 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor(work beater)
1961 F100 Uni (my baby)
1966 Thunderbird: someday.
RED

84 merc

Post by RED »

These split seats are out of a 84 merc marquis and just a couple of spacers were needed and for me (5'8'') sit about perfect. The driver is power and still had plent of back, forward, up, and down movement. You can even put a little lean back on them (ya know us young kids). Will prob keep them in just have them recovered