time to let her rest

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jeffw

time to let her rest

Post by jeffw »

yes it's that time of year when I'm forced to hang up the keys and let her sleep the winter months,, put some stable in the tank took a cruise and put her away,, don't you hate it? [albumimg]3086[/albumimg]
Horsepower

Post by Horsepower »

When mine is finished I'm gonna drive it all year. Unless the roads are slick then it can sit till the plows go through. I just cant look at it 1/2 the year wishing I could drive it........

By the way my 61 will be a drive to show truck! And trust me after all the work I'm gonna run the wheels off it :wink:
Phil

Post by Phil »

My fairlane is put away as of Friday at a storage facility.
My garage is already full on that side :roll:
Someday I'll get another slick :(
Yellardawg

Post by Yellardawg »

I won't have that problem. :)
65TremecGT
United States of America

Post by 65TremecGT »

Whats winter? I wish I had a garage I could park my truck in and still walk around it!
1965 Ford F-100 Short bed Custom Cab, Worn out six for now.
1966 F-250 Ranger waiting for a 79 460/C6 + Disc Brake and PS swap
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

yep. my 68 is done for the year. the "salty dog" has already been out in anticipation of a rain to snow event that is supposed to hit kansas city on wed or thurs.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Unibodyguy1

time to let her rest

Post by Unibodyguy1 »

Ahh yes,
the winter hibernation has begun! Horsepower, I used to live in Wittenberg East of you, moved out to Lost Wages NV in 1988 and have no plans on moving back up there especially for the winter. Its great to have a old car or truck( motorcycles) and drive it year around here, same in your southern states too. But the summers are sure nice to cruise in up Nort!

Michael
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

ah, the fabled "winter"... Thankfully I don't have to deal with that in Arizona... Up here in Prescott, it gets a bit of snow, but nothing real... Just a couple of slick spots on the hill downtown, because they don't like to use salt here.... Sadly, I think they made the decision to start salting this year...

I don't got much choice but to drive Aggie all year, even if I did live in snow country. I don't got nothin else. I would definitely have a limited slip in her by now if that was the case... But I wouldn't be happy about the cancer.... no way Jose... I would have to get a shitty cancer victim and spare ms Agatha...
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:shock: We get cancer from the sun here ! and high blood preasure from salt . strange :P

Alan,
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
MrEvil

Post by MrEvil »

If I had a Uni with bodywork all done I wouldn't WANT it out on the roads around here in the Winter. Too many morons here in Amarillo that have no clue how to drive in the winter. Oh well, last year I got $1200 when I got involved in an accident with two other cars. Never asked for a $$ amount, the adjuster looked at my Explorer and cut me a check. Bought a new mirror and taillight lens and was back on the road without incident.

I'm glad we've been snow-free so far. I haven't had need to burn up $3.50 Diesel fuel in my F250. Though I really don't want to drive my Crown Vic in slick conditions.
Vehicles:

2000 F250 Superduty Crew cab
1998 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor(work beater)
1961 F100 Uni (my baby)
1966 Thunderbird: someday.
Horsepower

Post by Horsepower »

Snow, Salt, Rain, 2 words Zero-Rust.....

As for the fools out on the road I'll take my chances. I just can't let them sit. I've driven every Hot Rod I ever built all year. I figure if I die tomorrow I'm gonna enjoy my toys all I can before I go. It would be different if I could take it with me when I go but we all know that wont happen. lol So I've burnt through a gallon of Zero-Rust and figure another gallon before I'm done. Now that the garage at my house is finished the first thing on my agenda is to finish the slick. I know you might think I'm nuts (maybe I am) but as long as the roads are dry salt doesn't bother me one bit.
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

winter,summer ,rain or shine, its all slicks, all the time. we dont have or want anything else to drive.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Horsepower

Post by Horsepower »

YEAH Hey There!

I couldn't have said it better!!!