A Green Slick?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Max
United States of America

A Green Slick?

Post by Max »

"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

I just hope I don't live to see the day when I'm told it's either "convert your vehicle to a greenie power source, or make it your yard ornament". :?
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
mrcando_66F100

Post by mrcando_66F100 »

I feel the same as Slick Fan!
flareside64

Post by flareside64 »

i never liked neil young

"....and i hope neil young will remember, a southern man dont need him around anyhow."
- Ronnie VanZant
Travis
1949 F-4 226/4 speed
1964 F100 223/3 speed
1965 F100 4x4 445/4 speed
Mellvis

Post by Mellvis »

Show me an Electric V8 with a Holley on top and then we'll talk.
1965 F100 "Papaw's Pride"

"So I'm working on a cistern inlet valve and the guy hands me a lock nut wrench! I was like 'What is this, a drainpipe slipknot!'" -Flo
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

i dunno... some day our poor old girls will have a battle to wage, and no gas to fight with... I figure I'll bite my lip and take the plunge to green when the time comes that gas is no more, but for now, I'm bunin my heavy share of dinosaur juice, and I'm PROUD OF IT...
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

My Slick is a real hybrid..... it burns gas and rubber.
No alibis, no excuses, no regrets.
AlGore and his buddies can go pound sand....................
U@ss
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Biodiesel would be interesting though. There would sure be plenty of 'FUEL' stations around this fat town!!! Hic!
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
northern

Post by northern »

:twisted:

back in the days some ( drivers ) user their payload to help move their payloads.

im not thinking green.... more along the lines of potato brown......turned clear....... :wink:

bolth the car/truck and the driver can share the fuel, just not on the same shift..... :roll:

Marc
fmartin_gila

Post by fmartin_gila »

northern wrote::twisted:

back in the days some ( drivers ) user their payload to help move their payloads.

im not thinking green.... more along the lines of potato brown......turned clear....... :wink:

bolth the car/truck and the driver can share the fuel, just not on the same shift..... :roll:

Marc

Yep, back when I was a young Marine stationed at Lejune in N.C. I picked up a hitchiker who had some of that in his pack. We sampled some as we went on the way, and to this day, I don't remember dropping him off or getting to my destination.
Fred
Ford4jack

Post by Ford4jack »

Use caution with that stuff around tuna fish sandwiches.
Trust me on this one. :lol:
Jarrod

Post by Jarrod »

Ya know, I look at this differently. I actually think its really cool. AL Gore can piss up a flag pole for all I care. I think alternative fuels are a great thing. Right now, gas on the Central Coast of California is north of $3.50 a gallon for regular unleaded. $3.75 for premium. It blows. I don't care what the reason is but it just sucks ass. Now there are some alternatives fuel sources and "hybrids" that give people a choice. THey are not for everyone and you won't find me driving a prius anytime soon. I like the idea of not relying on another country for our major source of fuel, nor do I like the idea of trying to lobby to a bunch of eco waccos about opening up areas know to contain vast amounts of oil on our country. So that leaves me with a few choices here. I can A. Suck it up and pay through the ass for higer gas prices that aren't going to fall. B. Drive less? I can't do that. I have to travel and we don't have an adequate mass transit system where I live. or C find an alternative fuel source. Now, hybrid technology is in my opinion not where its at. This is not a truly green resource. We have all read the articles about how those batteries travel the world like 3 times before they make it to the car. The mining of the nickol is terrible for the environment and what are we gonna do with all those batteries or cars for that matter when they need to be replaces at about 100,000 miles? Hydrogen is still a pipe dream yet they did do a land speed record a Bonnivile with a hydrogen powered car. THat leaves biodiesel used vegtable oil and E85 in our existing engines. I think right now those are our best options. I want to take a 65 Lincoln Continental and put a Powerstroke in it and convert it to run on french fry oil. How cool would that be? I would call it Satan's Prius :twisted: . THat would be the family cruizer. I for one like having alternative fuel sources. I just like my options. I want to build a house that is off the grid as well. THis is not just about trying to "reduce my carbon footprint" but more of a "stick it to the man" No one can complain about my consumtion of resources if I am producing them myself
Cheers,
Jarrod
Mellvis

Post by Mellvis »

At the risk omf showing my ignorance: Is propane a man-made gas or is it a natural resource? I remember in school all of th buses and school owned Chevy pick ups where propane engines? Also, is propane more "Ozone Fiendly"?
1965 F100 "Papaw's Pride"

"So I'm working on a cistern inlet valve and the guy hands me a lock nut wrench! I was like 'What is this, a drainpipe slipknot!'" -Flo
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

Jarrod wrote: I want to take a 65 Lincoln Continental and put a Powerstroke in it and convert it to run on french fry oil. How cool would that be? I would call it Satan's Prius :twisted: . THat would be the family cruizer. I for one like having alternative fuel sources. I just like my options. I want to build a house that is off the grid as well. THis is not just about trying to "reduce my carbon footprint" but more of a "stick it to the man" No one can complain about my consumtion of resources if I am producing them myself

i like the way you think. :twisted:
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Mellvis wrote:At the risk omf showing my ignorance: Is propane a man-made gas or is it a natural resource? I remember in school all of th buses and school owned Chevy pick ups where propane engines? Also, is propane more "Ozone Fiendly"?

It's a natural resource. During the collection process, we add a distinguishable odor to it, because it's odorless in it's natural state.

Jarrod, I agree with some of your points too, especially the 'build a house off the grid' one. It would be too cool to be the only house on the street with lights during a power outage. :lol:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

I figure my Slick will be "green" enough after I done putting so much of it in it. :shock:
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
greythorn3

Post by greythorn3 »

i dont liek the thought of not having a gas or diesel engine. but i seena article somewhere that the electric drag vehciles are approaching alchol drag vehicles run times in the 1/4 mile and exceeding them now.. crazy.. thos electric motors got ALLOT of torque.. after all them huge dumptrucks in the mines are electric engines on each wheel.. they are however recharged with a diesel generator..

Ray

Electricity doesnt really mean its so CLEAN energy.. after all we in alaska burn natural gas to generate electricty.
wheelordie.com my alaska offroad website
oldtrucks
United States of America

Green MAchine

Post by oldtrucks »

I have heard a lot about this guy he has built some killer bio diesel engines. Wouldn't mind one of them in my work truck
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

The only problem with alternative fuel sources will be that the same people that control the oil business will also control any of the new fuels that come along. They will still be gouging, taking huge profits and looking down their noses saying "watcha gonna do about it"!!!!
Jim
Yellardawg

Post by Yellardawg »

greythorn3 wrote:i dont liek the thought of not having a gas or diesel engine. but i seena article somewhere that the electric drag vehciles are approaching alchol drag vehicles run times in the 1/4 mile and exceeding them now.. crazy.. thos electric motors got ALLOT of torque.. after all them huge dumptrucks in the mines are electric engines on each wheel.. they are however recharged with a diesel generator..

Ray

Electricity doesnt really mean its so CLEAN energy.. after all we in alaska burn natural gas to generate electricty.

Diesel Locomotives use diesel to produce electricity which in turn moves the wheels. The torque is there