Weather stripping and Rubber?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Xcessive

Weather stripping and Rubber?

Post by Xcessive »

Hey guys. Is there a company that sells the FULL kits of Weatherstripping and the FULL kits of rubber for these slicks? The couple catalogs I have show everything as being the bigger pieces with all the small things as all being seperate.
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Have you looked at Carolina Classics? Last I looked - Rick over there sold complete kits, but not sure what you mean by the small things.

He sells complete cab rubber kits - doors, windows.
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
Xcessive

Post by Xcessive »

seems like most the kits come with the bigger peices of weatherstripping or rubber, but there are still smaller peices that you have to buy seperate for another $40. Thanks for the Carolina Classics, Ill check em out later.
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

NO, no one sells a "Complete" kit...if by complete you mean: Windshield, Rear Window, Door Weatherstrip, Cowl lacing, hood bumpers, Cab Mounts, Radiator Mounts, Firewall plugs, Door Felt & rubber, Vent Window rubber, etc...(you get my point)

But if you are looking for the Weatherstripping Kit then Dennis Carpenter sels that. (Windshield, Rear Window, Doors, Cowl)

If you need the inside of the doors then you need an Anti-Rattle kit. Also from DC (CC and NPD are good as well)

All the other "little stuff" will have to be had individualy. The only thing I would say on tha is don't get it from LMC (poor quality)

If you do need EVERYTHING, then I would talk to one place and see if you can get a deal. I am sure you can get a little $ taken off your bill because you will be spending some big $$ already.

Never hurts to ask.

:2cents:
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
Xcessive

Post by Xcessive »

ok thanks for the help :) Thats why I asked if there was a complete kit for each. Seems its the grommets and things like that that are gonna nickel and dime me to death lol.
Phil

Post by Phil »

Xcessive wrote:ok thanks for the help :) Thats why I asked if there was a complete kit for each. Seems its the grommets and things like that that are gonna nickel and dime me to death lol.

As for Torinos the local auto body supplier sells a lot of the plugs and grommets
Someday I'll get another slick :(